how many settlement mods is it safe to have?

DevinJam

Essentially, if you can send a provisioner there, it counts, if you can't, it doesn't.

That definition is not fool-proof as a failed or corrupt registration can be taking up a WorkshopParent slot, but unable to move settlers or create a provisioner. Learn even more here.

Well, it assumes (yeah, I know....) that things are working as they should. As a 'general' rule of thumb, it should work though, shouldn't it?

does

No idea what qualifies as a "Player Home" as that is not a defined term.

The technical limitation is on Workshops registered with WorkshopParentScript and I don't have any other language to describe that.

Essentially, if you can send a provisioner there, it counts, if you can't, it doesn't.

Does settlement mods register on the list when i download them or when i start the game?

Well, it assumes (yeah, I know....) that things are working as they should. As a 'general' rule of thumb, it should work though, shouldn't it?

A handy fool proof test was posted by @pra on another thread;

open console, click a workbench, type "sv workshopID". If the workshopID is -1, then it hasn't registered [ with workshopparent ], and isn't actually a settlement.

Hello from Greece and happy new year.

Add only new settlements your really like and put them always last at load order. if you see at pipboy a settlement call Commonwealth, 2 things go wrong. 1 Not all settlements mods, made well, so try to put them all last at load order so you can test if the ...damaged... mod, after that, works 2 There are so many settlements in the game and maybe sometime a new settlement mod can erase, one of the vanilla settlements. Yes it happens to one of my saves.

if you have too many settlements, someday you going to find a new mod you really like and because you use more than 230, you can't use it, because the game is going to crash more and more times.

i think the best number of settlements someone can use, with the vanilla, is under 35 because you going to spend 75% of your time, go and stop the attacks.

That's all. Thanks.

No idea what qualifies as a "Player Home" as that is not a defined term.

The technical limitation is on Workshops registered with WorkshopParentScript and I don't have any other language to describe that.

player home is just a wb and buildbox, nothing else needed, you don't need parentscript for it, so i quess it don't count, not registered

Edited by speedynl

• 2 weeks later...

A handy fool proof test was posted by @pra on another thread;

open console, click a workbench, type "sv workshopID". If the workshopID is -1, then it hasn't registered [ with workshopparent ], and isn't actually a settlement.

So, sorry for asking this. But is there any risk of that entry not being removed correctly, if the mod containing that ID is uninstalled, set as inactive, or removed through deletion?

Like say for instance, I try out a mod and I don't like it, or it doesn't work correctly, so I decide to uninstall it. Is there potential for savegame corruption from that ID still being in my save?