My Home is Your Home in Fallout?

ferogain

I was wondering if anybody was aware of a "make this area your house" mod like they have in Skyrim for Companions?

I have the CAMP mod and was wanting to set up a nice lil place for me and possibly one or two other folks.

I saw that Amazing Follower Tweaks has a camp option, but it has a TON of other features (all awesome, don't get me wrong) that I just don't need/want.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Have a good one all.

Heyas Ferogain. There's some mods that will allow you to do that. Do a search for portable or workshop in the downloads section. But, you want to read the posts in the comment sections, and the mod description VERY carefully and with a clinical mind.

Taking ownership of an area in FO4 is greatly different than in any of the Morrowind games, because of the workshops. They add a lot of functionality to what you can do, but they also add a lot of risk to breaking the area that they're used in, which can cause crashes, and corrupted save games.

So you have to be careful about what you're doing when using them, and there's a lot of ways that mod authors can publish something that isn't going to work without causing problems, if they really don't know what they're doing.

[Edit] I'd also recommend staying away from any of these mods that haven't been updated in a while. Especially prior to 2017. Or mods that are still in their original release. A lot has been changed, or has been learned about the settlement system, so it's really not likely that anybody got it bug free and 100% right off the bat, on their first release.[/Edit]

So yeah, basically what you are gonna want, is something that allows you to spawn, or use, a workshop anywhere, anytime. However, be advised, that using such mods, you do so AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Edited by StormWolf01