What you miss from oblivion that skyrim doesn't have .

Misakichun

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

character generation, UI, spell creation, colors besides grey, creatures, underwater combat, ruins, I'm sure there are others I missed.

There are some things that are improved - Forts, dual weilding, dragons

I certainly miss the more colourful enviroment,Skyrim is of course as it should be more crisp and clear but also so dark gloomy and clouded all the time, i miss the arena fights,Spell creation,Acrobatic skill And

medium armor,Spear+all the different weapon skills to lazy of bethesda not to include them in skyrim :down:

Wasn't 'laziness'. I never understood that. People say "well the devs were too lazy to include THIS or THAT". Been reading this since Morrowind came out

No. It wasn't included, but it wasn't because the devs all banged into work that day and never made up their time, or spent "Spear week" goofing off.

Only including 1+2 handed and Light and heavy armor is not very RPG like.

Spears i can live without but i still think they made it a little to simple with so few weapon skills.

I'm a pen and paper RPGer from back in the day. When I started, Advanced D&D was new, lol

Don't get me going on how video games, which have no Game Master, are really, really poor RPGs. We don't really play a 'role' unless you use a lot of imagination, and even then it's more like putting on a costume, since the game can't react to your character beyond scripted option trees.

One element that video game RPGs should introduce is NPCs having a 'bad day'. Imagine Belethor, once in a great while, saying "you only being me junk I can't sell. Get the hell out of my shop, soup-for-brains"

Well i guess we are 2 from the good old D&D days You make it sound as i dont like this game (which i do) More choices means more options for the role you wanna be.

What if they removed!! well lets say 5 skills and ditched the forging and upgrading part. Would you be satisfied???

I miss feeling like Robin Hood when working for the Thieves Guild instead of just... well... thieving trash. Everything else has already been mentioned: spell creation, arms working in water, etc.

I don't miss four variations of the same dungeon, Oblivion gate and cave over and over, though. Skyrim is a vast improvement in that regard.

I miss feeling like Robin Hood when working for the Thieves Guild instead of just... well... thieving trash. Everything else has already been mentioned: spell creation, arms working in water, etc.

I don't miss four variations of the same dungeon, Oblivion gate and cave over and over, though. Skyrim is a vast improvement in that regard.

You definately nailed it in regards to the Thieves' Guild. They feel like thugs and they have no connection to the poor in Skyrim like the Guild had in Cyrodiil. I get that the Guild has hit a low point in business and their current leader at the time of the dragonborn joining isn't the Robin Hood type, but still. They're almost as bad as the Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim, but at least the Brotherhood lives by a code and a structure of respect and discipline. Really lost interest in the Thieves' Guild this time around.

Cant believe People are still complaining about Underwater Fighting when there hasent been a Mod already, what are you Brilliant Modders doing lately, scratching your head and wonder how to do such a Tiny thing, but oh wait, i just build a 6 Storage Tower with a Brilliant ENB and Dragons doing the Tango. :tongue: Edited by daventry

Cant believe People are still complaining about Underwater Fighting when there hasent been a Mod already, what are you Brilliant Modders doing lately, scratching your head and wonder how to do such a Tiny thing, but oh wait, i just build a 6 Storage Tower with a Brilliant ENB and Dragons doing the Tango. :tongue:

Good for you. If underwater fighting is such a "Tiny thing" why haven't you done it?

Cant believe People are still complaining about Underwater Fighting when there hasent been a Mod already, what are you Brilliant Modders doing lately, scratching your head and wonder how to do such a Tiny thing, but oh wait, i just build a 6 Storage Tower with a Brilliant ENB and Dragons doing the Tango. :tongue:

Realistically who is going to be swinging a sword underwater anyway? That doesn't even register on my list of wants lol.

I think the thieves guild this time around is more realistic than oblivion, they are criminal scum! The companions and the mages needed a lot more grunt work to advance. For the companions, theres a great mod that solves its failings. I haven't found anything to improve the mages yet though. More classes, maybe a week delay in game time before the saarthal trip.