The Risen

saadus

Okay, so I wrote this story quite a while ago and put a link in my signature to advertise my book. Here is a quick excerpt.

. .James was standing in front of the farmers, arguing about the state of the crops when the gunshots went off. Him and farmers ran towards the origin of the sound, the farmers taking out their handguns and James his katana.

. .When they arrived, a crowd was already forming. James looked up and saw Jacen and Alice running through the outside gate, Jacen with his sword in his hands.In the middle of the crowd was a man on his knees before Drake, who was pointing a gun at his head.

. .“Please! I just want to live a little bit longer!” The man screamed.

. .“Your infected. I'm sorry.” Before James could say anything, Drake pulled the trigger.Several people in the crowd screamed as the man fell on the pavement, blood pouring out of the hole in his head.

. .“Drake! What on Earth were you thinking? They are supposed to get locked up until they turn!” Will shouted, pushing his way through the crowd.

. .“We couldn't take a chance. He was unpredictable! Anyone he touched he could have infected! If he was to attack someone, or even turn in the fields, imagine the catastrophe!” Drake shouted back.

. .“That is the reason why we lock them up! So that won't happen and he can live the rest of his days in relative comfort! That is the policy, Drake!” Will shouted, his face red. He gestured towards the dead body now staining the road.

. .“I did what needed to be done! The longer we let those infected live, the more chance they have of killing another person! You and your 'mercy' will doom us all!” Drake shouted, equally red.

. .“Enough!” James shouted, stepping in between them, a katana leveled at both Will and Drake.

. .“Enough!” James repeated. “We can't afford to be fighting among each other. There are enough of the Risen without us making new enemies. Drake, what you did was wrong; evil, even. Will, it has been done. What will yelling solve?” James asked.

I did the period thing so it would indent right. Here is a link to see the book. Please some sort of feedback would be greatly appreciated. This is intended to be my practice series before I start working on the book I plan on publishing again.

Still didn't finish it, but from what I read it's got a good story, an amazing set of characters, and all of that beautifully combined with a lot of emotion. Sad emotions that is, it's very depressing. But that's what an apocalypse is all about isn't it?

I recommend everybody to read it, I enjoyed it and I'll enjoy it even more when I continue reading it.

• 2 months later...

Well, after all this time, I am finally picking up the Risen: Darkness Descends (the second one). Expect a finished copy by the end of they year.