'Real' Anthromorphic Races

ArtMurder

Check as many as you want.  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which Race do you want to see most?

2. 2. What features do you want to see most?

• New larger ears/tail
    • Custom head meshes with extended muzzles
    • Digitigrade Feet (Standing on the toes - Morrwind style)
    • Customizable ears/tail/skin options, even if I have to dig through folders.
    • 'No Nude' Version
    • Several races to pick from (Wolves/Foxes/Cats/Etc)

RAR - Real Anthromorphic Races

Alright, so I've looked up and down and left and right, and have not found any good anthromorphic races for skyrim. There are a few good 'half-anthros' like the ohmes and dagi khajiits, but these just aren't what I am personally looking for, I grew up playing Morrowind, so I'm use to beast races that are more animal than human.

I have minimal experience with nif editors for now, and modding in general for that matter, but you have to learn somehow. I also will be getting a microphone soon (Hopefully) so I should be able to voice it as well, if all goes well.

This is, more then anything, an attempt to gain momentum for this project, if I see a lot of people interested, it will inspire me to work harder. Also, if you have any advice, I will GLADLY take it. I also will gladly take any help.

Notes of the project:

Will be loosly based on the 'Beasts' from MY comic book. As in I own these picture, no redistributing them, yadayadayada, if you want to use one as inspiration for a mod, I'd be more then happy though - I may break down and make the arm from the first one myself

Fennec/Desert Fox:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8349/8194619901_7303f5e096_b.jpg

Arctic/Snow Fox:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8064/8194622323_9faa856886_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8339/8195711012_228ccf01e2_c.jpg

Cat:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8203/8195711588_b85e86c6fb_c.jpg

Wolf:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8337/8195710096_1ac38eb6ba_b.jpg

-

Will likely use CBBE v3 as a female body base (If I can't manage to make my own body) I personally have no interesting in making a 'never nude' version, since I'm an adult and am not bothered by a little nudity, but I may do something simple for it if it is requested.

-

Will also likely use the FavoredSoulMeshes male body base (Again if I don't make my own body) Since this is the body I use.

-

I intend to make the compatible for Apachii hairs, as well as having a custom 'hair' that makes the head look more animal like without actually having any hair (for those out there like me who don't really like it when beasts have hair all the time)

-

I intend to make it with a very large custom ear and tail mesh, likely a modified version of the khajiit face to be longer and narrower in the front muzzle. I INTENDED to have the face be fully customizable like any other race.

-

I intend to have a large selection of 'skins' to pick from for different patterns. I would LOVE to have a way for you to pick which ears/tail you want equipped with your race if I make more then one without any nasty folder cut/paste and digging.

-

Custom feet meshes. This may be a problem with armors, but I will try to find a way to make it so that normal armors will fit them right without looking weird. NO BOOTS THOUGH - Accept maybe some custom ones, if I make them/someone else makes them. (See second to last image)

-

Custom sizes: Wolves will be MUCH larger then people, foxes will be MUCH smaller then people. Cats won't be that far off from khajiits, in fact, I may not even include them for this fact (If they are highly demanded, I may though)

-

I'll add other things as I think of them.

I have found a person who might be able to do the models for me, though I am still in the early stages of discussing things with them, since they do not own or play skyrim it may not be the smoothest negotiation.

Personally I would like to propose something more unique and challanging: some monstrious humanoid reptilian with wings and flying animations. Im looking for something like that very much.

Well considering I am already in way over my head with this, and I don't want something like that in the slightest, and there is already a monstrous looking dragon race (Without wings though) I think I'll stick with my current project. :sweat:

If you really want something like that, you can always try to make it yourself! Though, I know of a mod pretty much exactly like that for Oblivion, so I am sure someone will make it eventually.

It's going to take me tons of effort and god knows how much time to just to make a simple new anthromorphic race or two, but I'm doing it because it's what I want in skyrim! I may make a more dragon like argonian, but the thought of trying to make a flying race and flapping wings makes me want to run screaming from it. Just making new meshes is going to be a massive "Dive into the deep end and hope I can swim" type experiment for me.

Edited by ArtMurder

The Tsaesci would be awesome to see.

Within the current lore of Tamriel, there are two quite different depictions of the Tsaesci. Some evidence seems to indicate that the Tsaesci are humans, much like the Nords and Redguards from their respective continents. Other evidence, however, paints a much stranger picture of the Tsaesci, as vampiric snake-like creatures that feed on humans. To date, there has not been sufficient evidence gathered to conclusively prove or disprove either, or both, of these depictions.

Early depictions of the Tsaesci almost invariably describe them as having the upper body of a man but the lower body of a snake. The most direct evidence of these "snake folk" comes from Mysterious Akavir, which claims that the vampire snakes of Tsaesci ate all of the humans that once lived on Akavir. The reputability of this book is frequently questioned, however, as few of its other claims have been independently verified. A much more reliable source is the series of 2920 books that describe the events that ushered in the Second Era. One of the key elements of this series is the plot by the Tsaesci Potentate, a close advisor to Emperor Reman III, to have the king and his heirs assassinated, and assume the throne in his place. Though the books are written in a narrative, as opposed to a historical style, they are extensive, detailed, and the author is considered to be quite credible. These books explicitly describe the Tsaesci Potentate, and his son, in serpentine terms (as "eels", moving by "slithering", etc.) An obscure text known as And We Ate It To Become It, purporting to be the Tsaesci's version of the creation myth, is strongly steeped in snake-like and reptile-like symbolism and phraseology. This last text was authored by one of the most credible living authors of Tamrielic Lore, Michael Kirkbride.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaesci

The Tsaesci would be awesome to see.

Within the current lore of Tamriel, there are two quite different depictions of the Tsaesci. Some evidence seems to indicate that the Tsaesci are humans, much like the Nords and Redguards from their respective continents. Other evidence, however, paints a much stranger picture of the Tsaesci, as vampiric snake-like creatures that feed on humans. To date, there has not been sufficient evidence gathered to conclusively prove or disprove either, or both, of these depictions.

Early depictions of the Tsaesci almost invariably describe them as having the upper body of a man but the lower body of a snake. The most direct evidence of these "snake folk" comes from Mysterious Akavir, which claims that the vampire snakes of Tsaesci ate all of the humans that once lived on Akavir. The reputability of this book is frequently questioned, however, as few of its other claims have been independently verified. A much more reliable source is the series of 2920 books that describe the events that ushered in the Second Era. One of the key elements of this series is the plot by the Tsaesci Potentate, a close advisor to Emperor Reman III, to have the king and his heirs assassinated, and assume the throne in his place. Though the books are written in a narrative, as opposed to a historical style, they are extensive, detailed, and the author is considered to be quite credible. These books explicitly describe the Tsaesci Potentate, and his son, in serpentine terms (as "eels", moving by "slithering", etc.) An obscure text known as And We Ate It To Become It, purporting to be the Tsaesci's version of the creation myth, is strongly steeped in snake-like and reptile-like symbolism and phraseology. This last text was authored by one of the most credible living authors of Tamrielic Lore, Michael Kirkbride.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaesci

I have a few ideas that might could work with that, though the 'having a snake tail for legs' is waaaaaay beyond what I am capable of, since it would require redoing every armor in the game to fit them properly, creating an entire new character body and animation, and not to mention just making it look believable. But, I could do some sort of 'weresnake' were they look like normal humanoids, but on a power activation they turn into a snake like monster. Having natural vampire like abilities as well would work interestingly.

http://www.darkcreations.org/forums/files/file/297-elsweyr-the-deserts-of-anequina/

The tail clipped a lot and was attached to a random item, Brown Pants.

Regardless, if you do pursue the idea, you can port this over and use it as a base.

One more thing - You could simply disallow leg and boot armors with the Tsaesci race.

It was a very.. unpopular feature back in the day with Khajiits and Argonians but I don't think you'll hear any complaints.

Just use a racial bonus to compensate. 10-15% armor maybe, idk?

Edited by Ometh

Personally I would like to propose something more unique and challanging: some monstrious humanoid reptilian with wings and flying animations. Im looking for something like that very much.

Well considering I am already in way over my head with this, and I don't want something like that in the slightest, and there is already a monstrous looking dragon race (Without wings though) I think I'll stick with my current project. :sweat:

If you really want something like that, you can always try to make it yourself! Though, I know of a mod pretty much exactly like that for Oblivion, so I am sure someone will make it eventually.

It's going to take me tons of effort and god knows how much time to just to make a simple new anthromorphic race or two, but I'm doing it because it's what I want in skyrim! I may make a more dragon like argonian, but the thought of trying to make a flying race and flapping wings makes me want to run screaming from it. Just making new meshes is going to be a massive "Dive into the deep end and hope I can swim" type experiment for me.

If I could do it myself I would already have done it. Unfortunatelly I have zero knowledge about graphics. Even pictures on my mod's front page are done by someone else. I just do abilities, scripts etc.

Yes, there was a mod for Oblivion called Drakes Anthro-Dragon Race WIP pre-beta releases by DrakeTheDragon. The guy has made a winged lizard with animations but no flying ability. Based on that resources BlackStorm999 has made Dragorian and Dranaugh Races. Now this mod contained a flying ability, albeit a very simple one. Thats where I started my worked and created Dragorian and Dranaugh Races Reworked. I havent done any graphical tweaks, but I gave the lizard very sophisticated abilities. But the most important was the ablity to fly and glide or even fall freely. The flight was in horizontal position. It took into consideration gravity and wind. You could for example die while crash landing. There was collision detection. You could even pick an actor and drop it while being high in the air, which was usually for the actor a fatal experience. That has created an extremly unique game experience.

I would like to repeat that. I have already created for Skyrim few very sophsticated abilities including a wind and smell. I have iven implemented a thermal column in the Eastmarch. I now need a new monster model to work on it.

I know its not an easy thing to do what I ask. DrakeTheDragon has in fact never finished his work. But the work he has done was already very impressive and allowed my mod to be created. Perhaps you could start slowly. For now I am very interested in some kind of monstrious humanoid lizard preferably with sneaking animations. I already have for him some serious stuff, like dynamic night eye, smell&winf, adrenaline surge, 6th sense and above all heat (predator) sense. If you could make the lizard without visible scales I wold create chameleon camouflage ability and posioned claws. Perhaps even a venom spit. Check out my mod: Nature of the beast II. If you have anything like that please let me know.

Edited by gulogulo