'Real' Anthromorphic Races

ArtMurder

Check as many as you want.  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which Race do you want to see most?

2. 2. What features do you want to see most?

• New larger ears/tail
    • Custom head meshes with extended muzzles
    • Digitigrade Feet (Standing on the toes - Morrwind style)
    • Customizable ears/tail/skin options, even if I have to dig through folders.
    • 'No Nude' Version
    • Several races to pick from (Wolves/Foxes/Cats/Etc)

http://www.darkcreations.org/forums/files/file/297-elsweyr-the-deserts-of-anequina/

The tail clipped a lot and was attached to a random item, Brown Pants.

Regardless, if you do pursue the idea, you can port this over and use it as a base.

One more thing - You could simply disallow leg and boot armors with the Tsaesci race.

It was a very.. unpopular feature back in the day with Khajiits and Argonians but I don't think you'll hear any complaints.

Just use a racial bonus to compensate. 10-15% armor maybe, idk?

I remember that mod! XD

But with skyrim, the legs are part of the torso, I don't think it would be possible to remove the ability to wear 'leg armor' without removing the ability to wear anything buy gauntlets and a helmet.

I also planned on including the 'no boots' idea in my anthro races already, since they will have digitigrade feet. I plan on making up for it with increased foot speed.

I do think this general concept is still somewhat doable, but just maybe not as detialed and snakelike as you are wanting. I person feel nagas should have giant long tails anyways. The only thing I can think of it to make the idea i have work, is to hesitantly make the character a ''playable animal" that can't equip armor period (can maybe equip weapons though, I dunno) It would be a big sacrifice, but the result would be a very snake like race. though, something that complex is likely beyond what I could create myself mesh wise.

Personally I would like to propose something more unique and challanging: some monstrious humanoid reptilian with wings and flying animations. Im looking for something like that very much.

Well considering I am already in way over my head with this, and I don't want something like that in the slightest, and there is already a monstrous looking dragon race (Without wings though) I think I'll stick with my current project. :sweat:

If you really want something like that, you can always try to make it yourself! Though, I know of a mod pretty much exactly like that for Oblivion, so I am sure someone will make it eventually.

It's going to take me tons of effort and god knows how much time to just to make a simple new anthromorphic race or two, but I'm doing it because it's what I want in skyrim! I may make a more dragon like argonian, but the thought of trying to make a flying race and flapping wings makes me want to run screaming from it. Just making new meshes is going to be a massive "Dive into the deep end and hope I can swim" type experiment for me.

If I could do it myself I would already have done it. Unfortunatelly I have zero knowledge about graphics. Even pictures on my mod's front page are done by someone else. I just do abilities, scripts etc.

Yes, there was a mod for Oblivion called Drakes Anthro-Dragon Race WIP pre-beta releases by DrakeTheDragon. The guy has made a winged lizard with animations but no flying ability. Based on that resources BlackStorm999 has made Dragorian and Dranaugh Races. Now this mod contained a flying ability, albeit a very simple one. Thats where I started my worked and created Dragorian and Dranaugh Races Reworked. I havent done any graphical tweaks, but I gave the lizard very sophisticated abilities. But the most important was the ablity to fly and glide or even fall freely. The flight was in horizontal position. It took into consideration gravity and wind. You could for example die while crash landing. There was collision detection. You could even pick an actor and drop it while being high in the air, which was usually for the actor a fatal experience. That has created an extremly unique game experience.

I would like to repeat that. I have already created for Skyrim few very sophsticated abilities including a wind and smell. I have iven implemented a thermal column in the Eastmarch. I now need a new monster model to work on it.

I know its not an easy thing to do what I ask. DrakeTheDragon has in fact never finished his work. But the work he has done was already very impressive and allowed my mod to be created. Perhaps you could start slowly. For now I am very interested in some kind of monstrious humanoid lizard preferably with sneaking animations. I already have for him some serious stuff, like dynamic night eye, smell&winf, adrenaline surge, 6th sense and above all heat (predator) sense. If you could make the lizard without visible scales I wold create chameleon camouflage ability and posioned claws. Perhaps even a venom spit. Check out my mod: Nature of the beast II. If you have anything like that please let me know.

I do admit, it sounds really cool, but I think you are seriously over estimating me. Like I said, I am already in way over my head here without trying to take on something ten times more complex. Just making new ears/tails/feet/heads is going to be a challenge for me, to do this concept justice I would have to build an entire new body from the ground up, intricate animated wings, and god knows what else. I already pretty much have no clue what I am doing, but I'm starting this project because it's what I really want to see done, I feel like a 'dessert fox' type race is the only thing my skyrim experience is missing.

I am very much a newbie to modding, I'd love for any help you could offer on my mod, and I'd be willing to offer any help I can for your mod, but nothing you are asking of me is really remotely in the realm of what I can do. My mod which is simple in comparison to what you are asking, is still technically beyond my abilities, but I want it so bad I'm willing to learn how to do it just to see it in the game. Maybe somewhere way down the line if I learn how to use blender and such good for my mod I can help you with yours. I am a perfectionist and very meticulous, so I'm sure if I learned HOW to do those things I could at least do something with it, but for the time being I'm going to focus on the much much simpler mod that I actually want to see in my game. :P Maybe if it was a lot simpler I could try and include it in this mod (since I intend to have a lot to races to pick from) but I just can't take on something that's going to be more complex then the 4 or 5 other races I want to make combined.

I would LOVE to have this mod included in mine, don't get me wrong, I just have no clue whatsoever how to even start on it, and I don't want to take on a project that's going to make the project I set out to do impossible to complete in a timely fashion.

http://www.darkcreations.org/forums/files/file/297-elsweyr-the-deserts-of-anequina/

The tail clipped a lot and was attached to a random item, Brown Pants.

Regardless, if you do pursue the idea, you can port this over and use it as a base.

One more thing - You could simply disallow leg and boot armors with the Tsaesci race.

It was a very.. unpopular feature back in the day with Khajiits and Argonians but I don't think you'll hear any complaints.

Just use a racial bonus to compensate. 10-15% armor maybe, idk?

I remember that mod! XD

But with skyrim, the legs are part of the torso, I don't think it would be possible to remove the ability to wear 'leg armor' without removing the ability to wear anything buy gauntlets and a helmet.

I also planned on including the 'no boots' idea in my anthro races already, since they will have digitigrade feet. I plan on making up for it with increased foot speed.

I do think this general concept is still somewhat doable, but just maybe not as detialed and snakelike as you are wanting. I person feel nagas should have giant long tails anyways. The only thing I can think of it to make the idea i have work, is to hesitantly make the character a ''playable animal" that can't equip armor period (can maybe equip weapons though, I dunno) It would be a big sacrifice, but the result would be a very snake like race. though, something that complex is likely beyond what I could create myself mesh wise.

Oh yeah, I forgot that greaves were taken out.

This is how much I pay attention. XD

Hm. Well, if you do use the suggestion, let me know!

I'd like to see what you accomplish with them.

Personally I would like to propose something more unique and challanging: some monstrious humanoid reptilian with wings and flying animations. Im looking for something like that very much.

Well considering I am already in way over my head with this, and I don't want something like that in the slightest, and there is already a monstrous looking dragon race (Without wings though) I think I'll stick with my current project. :sweat:

If you really want something like that, you can always try to make it yourself! Though, I know of a mod pretty much exactly like that for Oblivion, so I am sure someone will make it eventually.

It's going to take me tons of effort and god knows how much time to just to make a simple new anthromorphic race or two, but I'm doing it because it's what I want in skyrim! I may make a more dragon like argonian, but the thought of trying to make a flying race and flapping wings makes me want to run screaming from it. Just making new meshes is going to be a massive "Dive into the deep end and hope I can swim" type experiment for me.

If I could do it myself I would already have done it. Unfortunatelly I have zero knowledge about graphics. Even pictures on my mod's front page are done by someone else. I just do abilities, scripts etc.

Yes, there was a mod for Oblivion called Drakes Anthro-Dragon Race WIP pre-beta releases by DrakeTheDragon. The guy has made a winged lizard with animations but no flying ability. Based on that resources BlackStorm999 has made Dragorian and Dranaugh Races. Now this mod contained a flying ability, albeit a very simple one. Thats where I started my worked and created Dragorian and Dranaugh Races Reworked. I havent done any graphical tweaks, but I gave the lizard very sophisticated abilities. But the most important was the ablity to fly and glide or even fall freely. The flight was in horizontal position. It took into consideration gravity and wind. You could for example die while crash landing. There was collision detection. You could even pick an actor and drop it while being high in the air, which was usually for the actor a fatal experience. That has created an extremly unique game experience.

I would like to repeat that. I have already created for Skyrim few very sophsticated abilities including a wind and smell. I have iven implemented a thermal column in the Eastmarch. I now need a new monster model to work on it.

I know its not an easy thing to do what I ask. DrakeTheDragon has in fact never finished his work. But the work he has done was already very impressive and allowed my mod to be created. Perhaps you could start slowly. For now I am very interested in some kind of monstrious humanoid lizard preferably with sneaking animations. I already have for him some serious stuff, like dynamic night eye, smell&winf, adrenaline surge, 6th sense and above all heat (predator) sense. If you could make the lizard without visible scales I wold create chameleon camouflage ability and posioned claws. Perhaps even a venom spit. Check out my mod: Nature of the beast II. If you have anything like that please let me know.

I do admit, it sounds really cool, but I think you are seriously over estimating me. Like I said, I am already in way over my head here without trying to take on something ten times more complex. Just making new ears/tails/feet/heads is going to be a challenge for me, to do this concept justice I would have to build an entire new body from the ground up, intricate animated wings, and god knows what else. I already pretty much have no clue what I am doing, but I'm starting this project because it's what I really want to see done, I feel like a 'dessert fox' type race is the only thing my skyrim experience is missing.

I am very much a newbie to modding, I'd love for any help you could offer on my mod, and I'd be willing to offer any help I can for your mod, but nothing you are asking of me is really remotely in the realm of what I can do. My mod which is simple in comparison to what you are asking, is still technically beyond my abilities, but I want it so bad I'm willing to learn how to do it just to see it in the game. Maybe somewhere way down the line if I learn how to use blender and such good for my mod I can help you with yours. I am a perfectionist and very meticulous, so I'm sure if I learned HOW to do those things I could at least do something with it, but for the time being I'm going to focus on the much much simpler mod that I actually want to see in my game. :P Maybe if it was a lot simpler I could try and include it in this mod (since I intend to have a lot to races to pick from) but I just can't take on something that's going to be more complex then the 4 or 5 other races I want to make combined.

I would LOVE to have this mod included in mine, don't get me wrong, I just have no clue whatsoever how to even start on it, and I don't want to take on a project that's going to make the project I set out to do impossible to complete in a timely fashion.

And what about a monstrous lizard without wings? Could you do it?

Mods like that already exist though..

An argonian retexure

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/981

This one even has animate wings

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/18014

And this one is very monstrous

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19122

I may make some kind of reptile, but I will likely shy away from 'lizard' since argonians already exist, and a lot of lizards already exist. I just have no ambition to make something I'll probably never use that already exists. =[ If I could get permission from the last two mod authors, I could try and combine and recolor them a bit and make them fir the body mods I use, but that would be about the most I could do on that.

Mods like that already exist though..

An argonian retexure

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/981

This one even has animate wings

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/18014

And this one is very monstrous

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19122

I may make some kind of reptile, but I will likely shy away from 'lizard' since argonians already exist, and a lot of lizards already exist. I just have no ambition to make something I'll probably never use that already exists. =[ If I could get permission from the last two mod authors, I could try and combine and recolor them a bit and make them fir the body mods I use, but that would be about the most I could do on that.

Thanks for the links. The Drakian race is too human like. The Dovagonian too thin. The Drachis race is definatelly the best. However it is still not enough beasty and it has the scales. They would conflict with the chameloen camouflage ability I would like to give them. Their skin must be soft. Like that of the chameloen. Im seeking something with the posture and animations of werewolf, something very primal and brutal. It can be even without any additional animations like sneak animations. The player could transform into the beast like into the werewolf. What do you think?

Edited by gulogulo

• 1 year later...

Not to be too nitpicky but the term is "Anthropomorphic" not "anthromorphic". I am surprised your computer didn't catch it for you. More to your question, an anthropomorphic badger might be fun, with a Scottish accent or not be too obvious but a wolverine type could be good too except xmen have kind of pre-empted that choice. If you go with a fox type make it so that they can change their fur color with the season or climate ie white in winter and brown/red in summer. Also come up with some real attribute zingers like sense of smell that allows them to sense diff between live and un-live/undead, werewolf and werebear from other races, very high resistance to cold, hearing that eliminates "muffling", more rapid regeneration of everything, run faster , jump higher etc.

I think a badger type would be fun esp. if he/she used a Scottish brogue in his/her language (printed or voiced). A wolverine type would be good too, surly, very high regeneration attributes, able to tell diff between races,werewolves,werebears and vamps by smell etc. Whatever critters you choose maybe let them change their fur color to meet climate (white in winter, brown/red/tan in summer) and give them significant attribute buffs consistent with their race (run,jump,hear smell, strength,health et al.) BTW , not to be too nitpicky, but the term is " Anthropomorphic" not Anthromorphic. I am surprised computer didn't catch that for you.