Keybind commands

Drakous79

Hi. I know this is an old thread, but I want to tell you guys I figured out how to place aliens on maps that don't have them. You have to place the aliens, save your game, and reload. After reloading, the aliens will work fine. I even made a youtube video called XCOM Enemy Unknown - Alien Showdown, that shows all the alien's attacks and abilities.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you use money, make sure you go to the labs or somewhere and back out, so that it properly updates. Also, make sure you're editing the correct ini, should you have both EW and EU.

I did move around the lab and work shop and control room, but it still not work.

I only have EU

[Engine.PlayerInput]

.Bindings=(Name="F12",Command="exec strategy.txt")

.Bindings=(Name="0",Command="GiveResource Scientists 1000")

.Bindings=(Name=F9",Command="GiveResource Money 109201")

[XComGame.XComTacticalInput]

.Bindings=(Name="F12",Command="exec tactical.txt")

.Bindings=(Name="0",Command="GiveResource Scientists 1000")

These are the commands I used at the bottom of the DefaultInput.txt and none of them are working. I know i'm few years late to XCOM, but i'm kind of in a bind with not enough money and not enough soldiers. Do i have start a new game, because I don't wanna do that.

It's been a number of years since I did anything with XCOM, but let's see if I can point you in the correct direction as there is very little activity here.

First you have to realize that certain commands will only take effect when issued on the correct screen. The game is divided into "Strategic" and "Tactical" modes. When you are at the base, you are in "strategic mode". When you have launched on a mission (once the plane takes off) you are in "Tactical mode". Giving "resources" can only be done while in "Strategic mode". Otherwise it will be ignored.

From look of things you have found the wiki "Keybind Commands - XCOM:EU 2012" article, which is good. But you also have to ensure you have enabled the XCOM "Shell" and "Developer Console - XCOM:EU 2012". Only then can you give those commands.

You should test each command you want to bind to a key first by manually issuing it on the Console (e.g. "GiveResource Scientists 1000") while on the "Base Overview" screen. Only when you can get that to work directly is it worth attempting to bind it to a key. The same goes for any command you want to place into a "batch file" you intend to "exec", such as "Strategy.txt". Make sure that batch file is located in the correct sub-folder as described in the "Tutorial" section of the "Keybind" article. Also double check the type of "quotation marks" you are using as mentioned in the "Good To Know" section. Don't attempt to go by what you see on screen. That doesn't always make those character distinctions apparent.

Finally, it is indeed part of the game design that you should start over if you find yourself without sufficient soldiers or funds. It means you need to adjust your strategy. You do not sufficiently understand the nature of your enemy's strategy. These change over the course of the game, and you have to realize and adapt. If you aren't aware of it yet, the "UFOpedia" contains much background material and has some strategy guides.

-Dubious-

• 3 weeks later...