BLOG PIECE: Kickstarter and the mini-revolution

Dark0ne

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are some of you repeating (coping) the same comment and re-posting it. Don't you know that is the same as spam.

Well how about that, Sui Generis made the "cut" plus some. Though 6,865 people still isn't many backers but still.

Edited by wiseman1zulu

After the great news of the successful funding of Sui Generis - Yay!

I now see that Elite Dangerous is looking for support on Kickstarter.

Damn you Kickstarter and your wily ways, now I'll have to back that too!

The original Elite was the first game I ever invested hundreds of hours of my life in, way back in the early days of computer gaming.

It was fantastic, I can't believe the pleasure I got from flying around in a wire framed Universe!

Edited by SoulMasterII

Here is an idea for modders to think about, if any of you have played "SHADOWGATE 64" and liked it, you could think of what it could look like in oblivion. i can't mod for crap, but i can give very good mod ideas for modders to toy with. so i'm looking for real talent to see if there could be a total conversion of "SHADOWGATE 64" for Oblivion. I want no credit, i just want to play longer. Edited by Glormac

this makes me happy, I can rest in ease knowing that project eternity will have an sdk that actually is user friendly and not buggy as hell I am looking at you bethesda and bioware

anyways kickstarters are awesome about time developers are given the chance to create what they want

Kickstarter and crowdfunding are incredibly exciting!! I've backed Project Eternity and Star Citizen and I've been very pleased with the updates I've been getting from both development companies, so I feel very confident that they'll budget their crowdfunding monies wisely and ensure the both games are published. I don't even want to think about the alternative because if any of these high profile Kickstarter games fail, that'll be the beginning of the end for crowdfunding.

Finally the PC is getting lots of love. It's about damn time! I am so stoked!!