Lydia takes off her clothes when I leave her at home. HELP.

bkohler1

Okay, here's what's up. Lydia hates clothes now.

I kept trying to give her better armor, and something cooler looking than the default steel.

I used the UFO mod to take her steel armor and replace it with the nightingale armor. But

now, whenever I leave her at home, I come back and she defaults to her underwear. I'd

take the steel armor over that. Does anyone know how to restore here defaults?

I've already tried restoreinventory and even replacer mods, hoping that would change her default.

All of this to no avail. What should I do?

Use CK to edit her clothing to what you want :)

I've never really messed around with all that, so I'll give it a try.

Also, I DID try one thing, an NPC editor. However, whenever I

tried to implement the .esp file, etc, the game kept crashing

on me. Do you know if there's a tut or something on how to

use the editor? I looked but they were really vague.

But now, whenever I leave her at home, I come back and she defaults to her underwear.

I wish my wife would default to her underwear on my return home... :dry:

I'm sorry, bkohler1 - I simply couldn't resist.

BTT: You could try to push UFO at the end (or beginning) of your modlist and then see. I suppose there are mods conflicting because I had a similar problem months ago.

Have your checked to make sure all your mods are good to go? I know some mods are incompatible with hearthfire for instance. Try using BOSS and Wyre Bash to get load orders right and clean everything up and see if that helps. Usually works for me when I get odd bugs like that.

Sorry guys, no internet for a few days. I hardly made it out alive....

Sulo: Lulllzzz. I gave it a shot, but I don't really want to use UFO. It conflicts with too many mods, and I don't really like the dialogue. I've just made due with Lydia and Sceolang.

Drakinor: If I try to uninstall all my mods, do you think it would help too? I'll give your suggestion a try but I've tried uninstalling mods and she still prefers the over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder look to the more conventional assassin outfit.

This whole thing is a pain. Is there a way, using console commands or anything else, to simply restore her inventory to the default?

You can use console commands to add items, equip items, and see all items in their inventory. For console commands, how to use them and id's go to UESP Wiki Skyrim page (towards the bottom there will be a link for the console page).

However I do not believe this will help you with your problem (it also can, I'm not absolutely sure), I have tried to remove items (armor from followers) before, it will allow you remove the items and add new ones to their inventories, but the old ones (that you've removed) will still be displayed. Unless you are willing to use either an NPC editor or the CK, bottom line is it takes an esp. file to get the appropriate result AFAIK.