What graphics card to get

SpringBean

So I want to be able to run all of my mods plus this. FULL version, but my measly GTX 560 isn't even letting me run the amount of mods I have now. I have about 50 mods currently installed to be able to run the game at just 40 FPS or less.. Lots of graphics enhancers too. So what is the minimum graphics card upgrade that will allow me to run a lot more with still 60 FPS? Thanks in advance for any advise!

EDIT: I don't a budget over about..$300-$400.

I have a GTX 560 TI with 1 GB and I can run every game on ultra without problems, skyrim with mods included, I also use 2K mod but since my graphic card has only 1 GB I have to use the 1k resolution rather than 2K otherwise my game crashes, still it looks amazing and if Iwere you I would wait a few more years before upgrade. Also your performance depends on how much RAM you have Edited by scot

What card you can use depends on your MOBO, and mods will depend on available system RAM, as well...

Depending on your setup, you might be able to use 2 cards in SLI.

Maybe post more of your system specs?

Yeah sure:

8:00 GB of ram

64-bit

Asus Windows 7

Teribite of memory I think.. Yeah, typo.

i-5 core

If you want anything else let me know.

You could just get another GTX 550 and go SLI. Twice the power, y'know. And I'm sure that if you can afford that one, and want newer one, then you might be able to afford another of the same series and just SLI them. Hell, just that card should be able to run Skyrim and any other game you throw at it. I have a XFX Radeon HD 6770 and it runs Skyrim maxed with 40 FPS, Crysis 1 and 2 maxed and running between 30 and 40 fps, Battlefield 3 maxed running at 40-45 fps, and so on. I know some of my other hardware helps contribute to my performance, but most of the games I listed, aside from skyrim, are very GPU intensive. I would recommend just getting another GTX 550 and do SLI.

Also, keep in mind that running a high amount of mods, other than graphical modifications, will contribute to more CPU use. Skyrim as is (vanilla) is very CPU demanding, so adding more content including DLC's, mods, and so on will add to that strain. It also strains the game itself, so once applying a high amount of mods the game may start crashing randomly without conflicts, or it'll start stuttering and not performing properly due to all of your mods and skyrim eating up memory and your CPU. So there are lots of factors other than your GPU to consider.

Imho SLI is not allways the best option. If you happen to notice the microstuttering, then it might be anoying. It is never double the power but less and maybe over 1,5.

Depends on the game and optimalization of drivers.