Evil, evil...EVIL Helgen!

Rethrain

Alright, I'm here cause I'm pretty much at my wits end, sadly. I've searched (These boards), cursed, and put a hex on my WIn 8. Nothing worked. I got two types of ctd's, all in helgen's tutorial part: One is where and when I meet Haldvar(sp?) after escaping with Ralod to the tower and the other is when I try to enter the barracks with Haldvar -- I assume the same thing will happen if I enter with Ralof, but I never tried.

This is my papy log, I've no idea how to make the attachments prettier...other than this:

And sadly I didn't understand the jargon....Something about vampires? The Dragon Alduin?...If the error or problem is not there I'm not sure what to think, most of the mods I have are texture replacements, UNPB, eyes, hairs and the like...I went from installing 64 mods to only having 4 mods or so, and 2 clean reinstalls...><;

How often do you do that? Sorry, bad form answering a question with a question, just wondering.

As far as I know the whole Helgen/intro/tutorial cave thing has a lot of potential for bad interaction with mods. Probably because most of it is "on rails". So yeah, I would avoid having mod active during that time with any fresh character.

You could try an alternate start mod, because personally if I see that tutorial cave one more time I'm going to scream. "look out, there's a bear!" YES THANK YOU I KNOW

(then again, alternate start mods have the potential to break all sorts of other things...)

Edited by acidzebra

How often do you do that? Sorry, bad form answering a question with a question, just wondering.

No problem, I just changed computers and the other one didn't have this sort of problem. I've no idea why though. I don't really do it often, I just wanted to make sure if I needed to be on guard if I wanted to make another character or not. I may start another one if I get bored and then go back to the original, however, not that often.

No problem, I just changed computers and the other one didn't have this sort of problem. I've no idea why though. I don't really do it often, I just wanted to make sure if I needed to be on guard if I wanted to make another character or not. I may start another one if I get bored and then go back to the original, however, not that often.

Well you could try Alternate Start Live another Life and skip helgen all together http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9557

I use windows 7 personally, but from what I have heard there Windows 8 is a nightmare for gaming. Don't know the specifics but thats the rumor at least lol.