100 floor dungeon

ainise

A hundred floor dungeon, with increasingly difficult mobs and puzzles to pass as you go, or just any form of a increasingly difficult descension into a 'hell'. Every 10 floors contains a boss-style fight preceded by a labyrinth - or maybe the boss is contained within the labyrinth - he contains the key, or guards a lever(maybe if you favor the stealthy types). Every x5 floors contains a difficult(but not long) puzzle.

No idea if any of this is possible(not sure on the limitations of the world - and freshly generated maps). Each 'set' of floors could be flavored around a particular type of level. IE: 1-10 could all be regular caves, 11-20 could be Ice flavored, with ice flavored enemies within. 21-30 could all be Dwarven areas, with mechanical enemies. 91 could be the same as 10, 92 as 20, etc.

Just an idea, should a map builder be interested. I love these style of dungeons - always reminds me of games like Dark Cloud, or Star Ocean.

As far as difficulty goes, I'd think this aimed towards 'end-game'. Where the top layer of enemies would be of Elder Dragon level. Maybe 100 levels is a bit..excessive, and 10 or 20 would more than suffice. :)

Thanks much for reading!

Lol, yeah 100 is excessive.

It's an interesting idea, that is already seen on a smaller scale in some places (like Blackreach's entry of ice/dwemer/blackreach).

10 or 20 might even be excessive. It's a ton of mapping and, if all done by the same person, would probably get repetitive.

This would be insanely epic but making a dungeon that large would be crazy. I bet their are some pretty large dungeon mods out their to try but none 100 levels deep :/ Hell if you are going to make it 100 levels deep why not turn it into an alternate skyrim game that's like diablo? You start off in a town with a dungeon underneath and you have to work your way down to the bottom. Could be an interesting thought but probably not what you want :P

• 2 weeks later...

Lol, yeah 100 is excessive.

It's an interesting idea, that is already seen on a smaller scale in some places (like Blackreach's entry of ice/dwemer/blackreach).

10 or 20 might even be excessive. It's a ton of mapping and, if all done by the same person, would probably get repetitive.

The idea behind it is small floors, powerful enemys, or dangerous & tricky traps with puzzles. One large room, or a series of 4 or 5 smaller rooms is more than enough per level.

I get the idea of making a couple more big dungeons. You only spend so much time before you feel you've explored the whole worldspace. There are big projects in the works, let them happen in the time that they take to be done right. :)

Doing this all by hand is next to impossible for a single person, unless you can find someone with no job and no social life :P

Or you try to gather 100 people who contribute one floor each. You'd also need a project management crew which ties everything together (floor transitions, item/monster balance etc). This solution isn't too unrealistic, and it's even more realistic if you cross-post this idea on many different Skyrim-related forums to reach more potential contributors. I mean, there are dozens of player-homes released every month, if only a fraction of those modders would contribute one floor or two, you'd have your 100 floor dungeon in no time.

Also, check out GenMod for Morrowind. If someone could re-write this tool for Skyrim, it would take just a few minutes to generate a 100-floor-dungeon. Add/replace monsters and items for the increasing difficulty, give the floors a human touch to avoid too much repetition, and you got your epic dungeon crawl. Who knows, maybe someone is already working on such a tool, if it's possible for Morrowind it should be perfectly possible for Skyrim, since both games are based on the same engine.

To: Volek, "I am that that guy :)"

I have already had an idea like this, Called "Catacombs to Hell", it is a diablo like mod, and i am going to have lots of dungeons, not 100 floors...too much work, i am looking to get in around 10-20, maybe 30 max, i also was thinking about different types of areas the deeper you go, i cannot have a dragon on any floor but Hell, a few fire dragons, idk, i would need to make sure the dragons do not fly, as i am using only cells, you know, Underground dungeons, ill be having a lot of boss's, and i can hint you guys this, the first few floors are all monsters trying to go deeper, and with all the traps even deeper, most are dead, and so will you, if your not careful, after all them trap dungeons, made by the dwarven, there are many more floors with monsters, boss's, traped and used to guard the way to the Gates to hell, After all them floors and boss's, there will be a gate, with a guardian....yes, "The Gate Guardian", you must kill him, as he attacks you on sight, nothing has ever gotten passed the traps and monsters, alive, once the gate is open, you are stormed by demons, powerful, demons, it is Not! a good idea to go about this mod, with Master set as your difficulty, and make sure to have the angelic weapons with you, they are stronger then what the demons have, you can forge them at "Skyisland", another mod of mine, soon to come, and before "catacombs to hell", there are a few floors before the main and last floor...Hell.

Don't expect this to be done, in less then, 3 months, i still have "The Lost Temple/SkyIsland" to start and complete, and im just finishing up "Hunter's Mansion", linked with the mod "Riverwoods Hidden Mine", already out and ready for download....just saying.

This is the descriptions of both "The Lost Temple/SkyIsland" & "Catacombs To Hell".

===============================================================|

The lost Temple:

A temple long lost, taken over by powerful creatures and Falmer Under the command of demons, and a portal.

+

SkyIsland:

An island in the sky, an angels Post to Protect skyrim from Demons, angel Weapons & Armor designs were past dawn to the elvens but not perfected as they were not forged in the Holy Forge, the only way there, is The Lost Temple.

Holy Magic, Weapons & Armors can be forged here, as long as you do not attack anything.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Catacombs To Hell:

With Multible Diablo-Like dungeons, they are sealed away from Skyrims surface, Filled with traps and creatures these places are Very Dangerous, deeper in the dungeons is a gate and a gate-guardien that seals the demons from getting out, past the gate are many powerful demons that would tear apart a mammoth like piranha, deeper down, past all the demons, is Hell!, everything is on fire, smoldering rivers, and many more demons with Large Devil Lords, and an Evil Demi-God, Ruler Of Hell.

The daedra Have Learned a lot from Hells teachings, there armor and weapons seem the same, but fail! in comparison to there Strangth and effects, as the Daedric's were not forged in the Hell Forge.

Evil magic, Weapons & Armors can be forged here as long as nothing is trying to kill you.

Edited by skymarin