How did Lydia die in your game?

Daggdag

Draugr deathlord on the way to get Potema. To be honest, I probably Firebolted her while she was down from him, but I didn't get incredibly torn up about it; I paid her a moment of silence then looted her corpse :P Up until then I'd always reloaded if I lost her, but I had had to reload ten times or so to kill him and I figured hers was a noble sacrifice. And like half of the other respondents, I no longer use followers (or, as I always and up calling them, "Damnit Getoutoftheway!")

In Volunruud. My first character was leveled way too high with only crafting skills and this was with a Lydia who was weak because she didn't level with me. The two draugr (a wight and a deathlord I believe) were destroying us. I resorted to retreating and using the cheap hit and hide tactic but she fought valiantly to the death (which may or may not have occurred due to one of my runes).

They'll use potions, but they seem to use them only after going to their knee and then getting back up.

After killing her several times with fireballs, I've learned to dismiss her during mage playthroughs until I get past Adept and into Expert Destruction spells that don't kill everything in the room.

She doesn't die much though if you level her up manually. The game has always been bugged and won't level followers properly, but you can force it in the dev console. Select her in the console and type setclass 13176. She gets pretty beastly past level 30.

Every time without fail, she would die in Smugglers Den in the watery passage leading up to the Alikr. She'd just get in the way of my arrows or any mass effects I might try to use...

Now, I don't use followers. They just get in the way.

Same I've stopped using Followers their AI is just so Retarded it can't really be called AI. They're always stepping in front of you as an Archer or when you go to do a power swing with a great sword then get mad cause you hit them.

Edited by Kanarus

I accidentally hit her with my arrows... in the face... 5 times in a row... and we weren't on a fight.

PS: I'm just kidding.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the very first time she died was by "Flames" in some falmer cave. My first char was a wizard after all...

Edited by Sucrilhus