⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

(UNOFFICIAL) Legacy of the Dragonborn display patch ideas discussion

Zahnrad

Zenrad, I also had an ideas for a few different mods that aren't currently implemented. I enjoy collecting things and with new creature mods such as Immersive Creatures and Animallica I find myself often just going on a hunt to tame the creatures I find. I would like to have something in which I can donate the creatures I tame to something like a zoo. Going along with that if Solitude got a rework or perhaps building another museum (I have a few stories about how that can be tied into the lore depending now how you start that game). Imagine if there was a huge stable connected to Solitude and it would work with Immersive horses , many other horse mods, and other mods that have horses in them. It would be connected to the Hall of Natural Science and the different varieties of horses can be showing in a herd like display in the background. Keep in mind the models for these don't have to be life sized, due to the amount of space the dioramas currently have we could theoretically, shrink down the models to have the display appear larger than it actually is.

Edit:

Instead why not make the natural science displays like the diorama displays found in Night at the Museum. The creatures that you tame can run around in there shrunken down and generally not being a nuisance. Developing a spell that's more powerful than Harmony tame creatures higher than the level of 25 or perhaps being able to tame them once you paralyze them. The plaques I don't think would ultimately be connected to building anything but rather a description of that specific kind of creature. If there was a something that pertains to the furs it can be done in the safehouse creating a hide/pelt display shelf and having it fill up like the food and drink displays.

Some of these ideas aren't bad, there are a few creatures in the base game that aren't displayed, but could be. Such as the Solstheim creatures, Skeevers and the Vale variations of critters. The Chaurus and Spider display could easily have included a skeever display or perhaps one for the Crystal Mudcrab mod. Solstheim Creatures could be displayed where the Bug Jars are currently located and those could be moved over besides BadGremlins Fairies and the Flora/fauna exhibit.

The Eastern Dwemer Armor mod could have a dedicated display in the Hall of Lost Empires. Easily done by replacing that one free/empty display mannequin near the aetherium displays with a dedicated Eastern Dwemer Armor one.The Daedric Reaper and Ritual Armor of Boethiah could have identical displays, like the Ancient Daedric Lord Display but placed under the stairs, similar to Identity Crisis. Skyforge Weapons SSE would look good, displayed behind the Wolf Armour set, since they have unique models for those weapons. The Horker Weapons pack could go on display behind the Leather, Hide and Scale armours on the wall. East Empire Company Armor would fit in perfectly with the other Imperial sets.

• 2 weeks later...

Zenrad, I also had an ideas for a few different mods that aren't currently implemented. I enjoy collecting things and with new creature mods such as Immersive Creatures and Animallica I find myself often just going on a hunt to tame the creatures I find. I would like to have something in which I can donate the creatures I tame to something like a zoo. Going along with that if Solitude got a rework or perhaps building another museum (I have a few stories about how that can be tied into the lore depending now how you start that game). Imagine if there was a huge stable connected to Solitude and it would work with Immersive horses , many other horse mods, and other mods that have horses in them. It would be connected to the Hall of Natural Science and the different varieties of horses can be showing in a herd like display in the background. Keep in mind the models for these don't have to be life sized, due to the amount of space the dioramas currently have we could theoretically, shrink down the models to have the display appear larger than it actually is.

Edit:

Instead why not make the natural science displays like the diorama displays found in Night at the Museum. The creatures that you tame can run around in there shrunken down and generally not being a nuisance. Developing a spell that's more powerful than Harmony tame creatures higher than the level of 25 or perhaps being able to tame them once you paralyze them. The plaques I don't think would ultimately be connected to building anything but rather a description of that specific kind of creature. If there was a something that pertains to the furs it can be done in the safehouse creating a hide/pelt display shelf and having it fill up like the food and drink displays.

Some of these ideas aren't bad, there are a few creatures in the base game that aren't displayed, but could be. Such as the Solstheim creatures, Skeevers and the Vale variations of critters. The Chaurus and Spider display could easily have included a skeever display or perhaps one for the Crystal Mudcrab mod. Solstheim Creatures could be displayed where the Bug Jars are currently located and those could be moved over besides BadGremlins Fairies and the Flora/fauna exhibit.

The Eastern Dwemer Armor mod could have a dedicated display in the Hall of Lost Empires. Easily done by replacing that one free/empty display mannequin near the aetherium displays with a dedicated Eastern Dwemer Armor one.The Daedric Reaper and Ritual Armor of Boethiah could have identical displays, like the Ancient Daedric Lord Display but placed under the stairs, similar to Identity Crisis. Skyforge Weapons SSE would look good, displayed behind the Wolf Armour set, since they have unique models for those weapons. The Horker Weapons pack could go on display behind the Leather, Hide and Scale armours on the wall. East Empire Company Armor would fit in perfectly with the other Imperial sets.

Furthering the idea for the Natural science displays I worked further with the idea. Imagine if the flaura, fauna, and creature displays were more of a diorama rather than having the large displays, generally merging the creature displays into a wall each display connecting into each other. With oceanic displays on one side and an cave area with tunnels on the other generally looking like an ant terrarium. Selecting what displays to make could be made by a catalog that would function a little like the ones in red dead redemption 2, so not to overrun the hall with plagues. The Fairy display, fish display, and bug displays could just be moved into one displays next to the Diorama along with Mentha's More Colorful Critters, More Colorful Collectibles, and More Colorful Conjuration - Bottles. Following along with the zoo idea previously as to not cause any issues with the displays perhaps have a small area generally looking like a magical dome inside the display. It would function a little like Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality’s microverse. Oh and Player home displays, Skylazz has some amazing homes and perhaps it would be connected to the deeds that are generated once a player were to purchase a house, it it would have a small model of one in the diorama. There are a great many creature mods that could be implemented, Mihail, Skinwalker21, 4thUnknown, opusGlass, maybe even throw in the Here They Be Monsters series. However, that's only just a small portion. Retextures and remodels could be made into their own creature. And just for laughs and giggles, how about McBook's Leek Arsenal and Carrot Arsenal. For these the display would just be a pot of soup with the weapons in them to look like they are the ingredients. How I am really cooking, food displays. Empty the table in the reception all and have food mods displayed on it.

Edit.

Sorry I forgot to get into detail about what to put in for the other side for the Hall of Natural Science. The large wall across from the diorama could be Race displays, for both the Beyond Skyrim series and other mod races such as the different khajjit variations such as the mod Serval Khajiit Race SSE. The display at the top could be a bazar and generally would be the display for odds and ends items that don't fit in other places.

Edited by catnapper2

• 2 months later...

I thought a bit further on the microverse idea, inside that magical dome could be a place that operates like a new location and along with having the creatures that you tame kind of having free roam of the place with having paths for migration or places where a certain kind of creature would most likely be. There would also be a something like a city, would generally serve like a city for followers that you would like to live with you, just followers that don't add anything new to the game.