Nerevarine, 7th Champion of Cyrodiil & Dragonborn

x3Darkie

I don't remember the ending of Shivering Isles. How do they address the fact that Daedra and mortals are entire different "species" in a very fundamental level? One may become a god, as Talos did, because mortals are related to the Aedra. But how can one become a Daedra?

Or was the Hero of Kvatch always Sheogorath or an avatar of his? That makes much more sense in my book.

Edited by sisterof

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Champion of Cyrodil vs Nerevarine vs Dragonborn? Who would win? Why would I care? I was all three of them, so basically the winner was ME

You sir, deserve an internet.

• 4 weeks later...

Adding my opinion here, nice topic. =)

First off, CHIM = rubbish. I'm sure Bethesda never intended for it to be invented as a thing, modding support is there because it makes the game more fun, not because they wanted to make the main character have godlike powers to remove underpants, increase the worlds quality of detail and make children killable. It's bullshit.

Coc is currently Sheogorath, I'm unsure just how much of him is left but given the fact that in Skyrim he seems to have knowledge of his past actions and actually cures the mind of Pelagius III , I'd wager he thinks as Sheogorath, but has the soul, morals and memories of the Coc. In terms of power, he can best both the Nerevarine and the Dragonborn in his own realm, no challenge, in the Isles, you can't beat him. Outside of the isles, I'm pretty sure he'd put up a huge fight but ultimately I think both the Nerevarine and the Dragonborn have enough powers of their own to banish him back or force him to retreat from Mundus. His role as divine crusader is played out, he will probably never use that armour again. The Coc being Sheogorath makes it very complicated to even begin assuming how he'd fight or what he'd do but on Nirn, he's beatable, and probably couldn't win form the other two.

The Nerevarine, not taking the overpowered - stated by Beth themselves - spells into account, is also pretty damn powerful. He's got magical items that would make both the Dragonborn and the CoC green with envy, as well as having slain two *weakened* gods. He also beat an aspect of Hircine and has the Divine disease, making him unable to age and immune to disease. Personally, I think the Nerevarine wielding Wraithguard and Sunder while also having various other items the other two don't have would make him the deadliest opponent to face from close by. As in, if he gets close to you, you get bashed with Sunder and wake up in a ditch with all your gold stolen. Unless you have something to keep this overpowered god-slayer away from you, you're boned! Sheogorath or Dragonborn, doesn't matter.

The Dragonborn I think would have the best changes of winning, simply because of the Thu'um being an overpowered godlike power. He can freeze people solid, knock them back, call for dragons, become ethereal, weaken them, drain their life and Bend their will to his own, especially this last shout raises questions. Could he simply enforce his will upon the Nerevarine? Coc is likely immune to it. On top of him being a possible vampire lord, he's just ridiculously overpowered, keeping in mind he also gained many of Hermaues Mora's secrets and has the Staff of Magnus and other powerful artifacts.. However, if the others manage to somehow gag or silence him, he loses. He's got a lot of power, but it's very focused on the thu'um, without that, he can't stand up to either Coc or the Nerevarine.

Sooo, who wins? Impossible to say.

Nerevarine wins if he has all the items he used to have and if you allow him to bash in your face with Sunder

Coc wins if you fight him in Oblivion

Dragonborn wins unless you prevent him from using the thu'um.

=D

Despite all evidence pushing towards the opposite, I would tend to say the Champion of Cyrodiil is the strongest.

Why? Because all Daedric heritage aside, where Nerevarine and the Dragonborn were god-blessed, the Hero of Kvatch started as a mere mortal. His only blessing was to be in the right time, in the right moment to witness the assassination of Uriel - and that's it.

Both Nerevarine and the Dragonborn were personally blessed by greater forces, be it Azura or Akatosh, but the CoC still managed to rise to legend, a simply talented and lucky mortal.

Despite all evidence pushing towards the opposite, I would tend to say the Champion of Cyrodiil is the strongest.

Why? Because all Daedric heritage aside, where Nerevarine and the Dragonborn were god-blessed, the Hero of Kvatch started as a mere mortal. His only blessing was to be in the right time, in the right moment to witness the assassination of Uriel - and that's it.

Both Nerevarine and the Dragonborn were personally blessed by greater forces, be it Azura or Akatosh, but the CoC still managed to rise to legend, a simply talented and lucky mortal.

Not to mention he was able to defeat one of the strongest Daedric princes single-handedly. When he defeated Jyggalag, he only claimed the title of Madgod (the Staff of Sheogorath was called the Symbol of Office), not his power.

The Dragonborn I think would have the best changes of winning, simply because of the Thu'um being an overpowered godlike power. He can freeze people solid, knock them back, call for dragons, become ethereal, weaken them, drain their life and Bend their will to his own, especially this last shout raises questions. Could he simply enforce his will upon the Nerevarine?

If I remember correctly, the Bend Will shout doesn't work on enemies who are "too powerful" for it. For example, Miraak is immune to it, and the Nerevarine, Champion and Dragonborn would be stronger than Miraak.

The other shouts would probably have the right effect, but I don't think the Dragonborn would be able to bend the wills of the Nerevarine nor the Champion.

The Dragonborn I think would have the best changes of winning, simply because of the Thu'um being an overpowered godlike power. He can freeze people solid, knock them back, call for dragons, become ethereal, weaken them, drain their life and Bend their will to his own, especially this last shout raises questions. Could he simply enforce his will upon the Nerevarine?

If I remember correctly, the Bend Will shout doesn't work on enemies who are "too powerful" for it. For example, Miraak is immune to it, and the Nerevarine, Champion and Dragonborn would be stronger than Miraak.

The other shouts would probably have the right effect, but I don't think the Dragonborn would be able to bend the wills of the Nerevarine nor the Champion.

True that. So that rules that shout out. Still, Storm call and Slow Time, it's all very overpowered.

These three would be the best tag team ever. xD

• 4 weeks later...

sure the champion becomes the new mad god and divine crusader and leader of the guilds possibly the same for the nerevarine cant say since i havent played morrowind but lets face it the dragonborn is leaders of every guild in skyrim ruler of ancient vampire lords a general in either stormcloak or officer in the imperial army has the ability to control dragons includes alduin on top of that he and the champion are champions of the daedic princes as i said before not sure on the other guy and both end up immortal really really id say dragonborns at the top with the champion at a close second

sure the champion becomes the new mad god and divine crusader and leader of the guilds possibly the same for the nerevarine cant say since i havent played morrowind but lets face it the dragonborn is leaders of every guild in skyrim ruler of ancient vampire lords a general in either stormcloak or officer in the imperial army has the ability to control dragons includes alduin on top of that he and the champion are champions of the daedic princes as i said before not sure on the other guy and both end up immortal really really id say dragonborns at the top with the champion at a close second

stop what your doing.

check your grammar.

read through the entire topic, think about what you said for one hour, and then post.

in that order.

@Foulfrost: if the nerevarine, dragonborn, and the champion were put in the same room, the room would cease to exist because its not worthy enough to hold them.

though personally, nerevarine would likely win, with the dragonborn coming in a close second because of their dragon blood. the champion would lose out because they don't have all the fancy stuff and special ablities the dragonborn has, nor a few certain weapons the nerevarine has, unless the champion is sheogorath, but then they aren't the champion.

why would nerevarine win? daedric crescent, thats why. (the dragonborn might have a chance if they keep their distance from the nerevarine and spam auriel's bow, but magic in morrowind seems to be much more versatile)

once the nerevarine gets close enough, its basically over unless the dragonborn has a quick thuum.

Edited by gingersnapples

• 2 weeks later...

I disappear for a year, and i never expected to some back to find... THIS back on teh first page... I mean really. Thank god that Imperial vs Stormcloak discussion is gone though...

Adding my opinion here, nice topic. =)

First off, CHIM = rubbish. I'm sure Bethesda never intended for it to be invented as a thing, modding support is there because it makes the game more fun, not because they wanted to make the main character have godlike powers to remove underpants, increase the worlds quality of detail and make children killable. It's bulls***.

First, this... CHIM was created BY Bethesda, and is referenced in numerous in-game sources, mostly coming from Morrowind and Oblivion. It IS part of the universe, whether you like it or not, and is not just some fan-made nonsense like the Thalmor conspiracy.

Second, the whole Sheogorath thing. If i remember correctly, this was all quite hashed out early in the thread... Sheogorath and the 7th Champion of Cyrodiil are NOT the same entity. The CoC ceased to exist when he mantled Sheogorath. That's how mantling works. He leaves an imprint, yes, but that is all. In reality, it's less the CoC becoming Sheogorath, and more Sheogorath consuming the CoC. The point in Shivering Isles where you face off against Jyggalag, you are no longer the Champion of Cyrodiil. By reforging the staff and defying all sense of order and reason, you have already become Sheogorath. Because of that, the CoC never defeated a Daedric Prince, you had a showdown between two Daedric Princes, which frankly makes the whole sequence less dramatic...

The CoC is, by far, the weakest competitor. Lets face it, he doesn't really DO anything. Sure, he can survive fighting through an Oblivion Gate, but the bloody Argonians could do that. Hell, they actually invaded the Dreadlands during the Oblivion Crisis. All the major achievements through Oblivion were accomplished by someone else. The Grey Fox read the Elder Scroll. Archmage Traven defeated Mannimarko's magic. Martin fought Mehrunes Dagon. The CoC is a 2 bit errand boy, nothing more, and simply can't match the Divine Warriors who are the Dragonborn and the Nerevarine.