Weapons Not Visible

UhlanB76

I am using a clean version of a basic vanilla set FO4 game but there is an issue that arises. Newer weapon mods like bows and rifles work fine and are visible. Older ones like China Lake and Crossbows are not visible. The weapons function normally but I don't see anything. What might cause this? I have about 30 mods that are mostly weapons, Sim Settlements, homes and crafting related.

TIA

Hi Uhlan. There's 3 reasons that I can think of that can cause weapons to be invisible.

1) A game vs mod incompatibility. That's easy to fix if you run f4se. Download and install the version check bypass. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/42497

2) The game is not reading the weapon 3d models correctly.

a) they're not installed correctly

b) the mod may not be set up correctly

c) if it's a merged mod, the files were not merged together also.

3) You may not have edited your .ini files

[Archive]

sResourceDataDirsFinal=
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

Hope this helps :smile:
-Storm
Edited by StormWolf01

Thanks for your comments!

I did need to add the text for the ini file and run the checker. That worked partially. The gyrojet showed up but not China Lake. That is fine for now as I would rather play than search.

Thanks again...

Hiya again:)

No problem at all, glad that it was helpful.

I just looked at the China Lake mod you mentioned. I see that it is not packed up into ba2 archives. That one you may need to put the folders into your fallout 4/data folder manually, to make sure the folder structures get put in correctlt.

Cheers!

-Storm