Where would you rather be ...

Striker879

I'm happy with where I am. Wherever you are, there's always someplace else you'd like to be, so, might as well stay home and think about the places you won't go.

Oh I do agree Jimmy. I am surprised by how much I miss my daily trip to the grocery store (vs the once a week currently). Was only 45 minutes or an hour total there and back (I'm walking distance) but it is something I miss.

Well back to Oblivion for me ... I'm doing a sweep through Cyrodiil picking up supplies and checking on all my "house guests" in preparation for resuming the "big job" of being Lord of the Shivering Isles (tough job, but somebody has to do it).

Over here everything is closed except pharmacies, newspaper/tobacco/lottery shops, gas stations (they're mostly automatics where you pay with your bank card anyway) and supermarkets. I have a Carrefour (formerly GB -Grand Bazar) right across the street. Banks are also open but only the ATMs are at your disposition. I went to the bank earlier today and did some food shopping at a bigger supermarket. Took the tram. Public transport is still functioning as before, although the schools and factories are also closed.

I didn't even notice everything was shut because next to the supermarket is a pharmacy and next to that a newspaper shop. But I ran out of vapor fluid and when I phoned the shop the guy told me they were closed until at least 19 April.

Over here everything is closed except pharmacies, newspaper/tobacco/lottery shops, gas stations (they're mostly automatics where you pay with your bank card anyway) and supermarkets. I have a Carrefour (formerly GB -Grand Bazar) right across the street. Banks are also open but only the ATMs are at your disposition. I went to the bank earlier today and did some food shopping at a bigger supermarket. Took the tram. Public transport is still functioning as before, although the schools and factories are also closed.

I didn't even notice everything was shut because next to the supermarket is a pharmacy and next to that a newspaper shop. But I ran out of vapor fluid and when I phoned the shop the guy told me they were closed until at least 19 April.

I'm the same for not knowing what may be still open and what is not (except going by what I've read in the news). I combine my weekly grocery store run with the post office (which is in a pharmacy, but I never need anything from that part). Once I get back home and the groceries put away the big excitement for the rest of the week is here (which is just normal routine), playing Oblivion (also a "home away from home") and wondering whether or not I brought anything "extra" home with me from this week's run into the great virus wilderness.

The old saying: The grass is greener on the other side.

>>>> BUT ...... what is not told is:

It takes 4 x's as much yard work to keep it greener.

I pride myself on doing my bit for the spring bees (dedicated dandelion farmer).

That old saying goes hand in hand with ... "Walk a mile in the other man's shoes".

I like to keep in mind that I'm only capable of seeing things from a single perspective ... my own point of view as seen through the filtered portal of my own eyes interpreted by my own brain.

So here's an off-topic (something I specialize in by the way) ... if it's a given that to see things from another perspective requires input from someone else, who is likely to give the most valuable insights (examples friends and family or people who don't like me or ... )?

I pride myself on doing my bit for the spring bees (dedicated dandelion farmer).

That old saying goes hand in hand with ... "Walk a mile in the other man's shoes".

I like to keep in mind that I'm only capable of seeing things from a single perspective ... my own point of view as seen through the filtered portal of my own eyes interpreted by my own brain.

So here's an off-topic (something I specialize in by the way) ... if it's a given that to see things from another perspective requires input from someone else, who is likely to give the most valuable insights (examples friends and family or people who don't like me or ... )?

I am too .... :)

I am too .... :smile:

One of those unlikely situations where we have found a valid excuse for our laziness ... win win all around.

I am too .... :smile:

One of those unlikely situations where we have found a valid excuse for our laziness ... win win all around.

- Edit - I just noticed your little yellow quote thingy ... I'll have you know I resemble that remark!!