US Rifle, Cal. 7.62mm M-14

RoninPSU

I would be ever so grateful if one of you very talented mod makers came up with a clean M-14 Rifle for FO3. Personally its my favorite rifle, i own 3 semi-auto versions in real life but its cheaper to play with them in a game.

As for specifics i would love.

No fancy modern stocks, no bling. Just your wood stocked, Viet-Nam era M-14 rifle. I would probably prefer semi-auto over full-auto but thats up to the mod maker. :)

Cheers!

he said 7.62! everyone run for cover :ohmy:

i might be able to accommodate this. id love to put one in game. no promises though

M14's are all are marked 7.62 NATO, some M1A's are marked 7.62, others .308 Win. It makes no difference!

...A rose by any other name, would um... throw lead as sweet? *ducks*

i might be able to accommodate this. id love to put one in game. no promises though

M14's are all are marked 7.62 NATO, some M1A's are marked 7.62, others .308 Win. It makes no difference!

Actually there is a significant difference between 7.62 NATO and .308 Win. Dimentionally the Military cartridge has looser tolerances, and most importantly the established maximum chamber pressure is 55,000psi for the 7.62 NATO and 60,000 psi for the .308 Win. But i'm just talking semantics here, sorry i'm a gun nut/collector. :)

Actually there is a significant difference between 7.62 NATO and .308 Win. Dimentionally the Military cartridge has looser tolerances, and most importantly the established maximum chamber pressure is 55,000psi for the 7.62 NATO and 60,000 psi for the .308 Win. But i'm just talking semantics here, sorry i'm a gun nut/collector. :)

Please, do a search on my posts on this forum. :)

I've fired literally tens of thousands of rounds of 7.62 & .308 and it has never made a difference in any of the dozens of firearms I've fired. Nor has it ever presented a difference in my Fathers extensive reloading. Nor have I ever observed 'looser tolerances' in the upteen thousands of rounds of milsurp 7.62 NATO that I've purchased over the years.

If the weapon is safe enough to fire one kind, its safe enough to fire both. Unless you're an idiot that messed up and overcharged some handloads.

I've fired hot 7.62 NATO in old .308 winchesters like my Remington 600, no problem

I've fired hot .308 WIN in my old Israeli Mauser that's extensively marked 7.62 everywhere... no problems.

Also, a 5000 psi chamber pressure difference in a high pressure cartridge like a 7.62 or .308 is easily observed between different military loads.

The only time I've seen pressure differences in identical cartridges that was worth worrying about is in pistol ammo - particularly 9mm and 7.62x25 Tokarev, many militaries prefer seriously hot ammo for their SMG's, the French even needed their MP5's redesigned with beefier extractor springs and some other parts to withstand the seriously hot 9mm they like to use - which is also very dangerously overpowered for most handguns.

I'd also like you to look into the technology used by the SAAMI to test chamber pressures and by NATO - you'll find substantial differences, plus there's new technology that is purportedly more accurate yet its getting numbers upwards of 15,000 psi off of what was previously measured.

Oh yeah, same goes for .223 Rem and 5.56 Nato though their 'paper' differences aren't as close as the .308/7.62 differences. Thousands of rounds of both through a variety of guns... no problems, ever.

Archived