MP7

Ronin4444

Magazine change animations would be all wrong.

Might as well add it to the list of tacticool nonsense that everyone wants to add to this game, and leave the 10mm SMG intact in-game.

Reload animation would be the same as the pistol; when replacing the SMG with that model, couldn't the animation be switched from the SMG to Pistol reload?

Of course, by the time someone came out with this, the GECK would be here and it would be easy to add as a new item; but I see the OP's point. It would be cool to get Sydney's gun and have it look like that instead of the weird caged MP5 it looks like now.

you can make full auto pistols ;)

Yes... I know. I'm not sure about modeling or animations because I've never done work on either, but I'm concerned that making that weapon faithfully would require custom animations anyway, specifically because there is no 'slide' just an M16 style T handle on the very back of the weapon, which is also about 4 inches further back from the pistol grip than a semiauto pistol's slide would be.

Could this be compensated for?

Yes... I know. I'm not sure about modeling or animations because I've never done work on either, but I'm concerned that making that weapon faithfully would require custom animations anyway, specifically because there is no 'slide' just an M16 style T handle on the very back of the weapon, which is also about 4 inches further back from the pistol grip than a semiauto pistol's slide would be.

No, you could easily use the 10mm pistol animation. The player would pull the charging handle back during the sweep. It's definitely possible and although not 100% realistic it happens too fast for anyone to notice anyway.

So we know we can do it, but I'd like to see a version chambered in a more available caliber like the .32 or failing that we could make it fire the 5.7mm bullet which we could also use for the P90 (whenever we get around to making it).

this is absolutely true, making a true representation of the animations is beyond our reach for the moment.

i will do some experimentation though, because you can mix and match weapon hold/fires with different reloads, however it looks like each animation "expects" certain nodes from the weapon (case in point, i can give a weapon based off the G3 the reload animations of the Chinese Assault Rifle, but the mag does not move like it should, obviously its looking for the CAR's mag node and not the G3's)

Archived