So...I'm trying to come to PC...

ChevyNexus

So I just posted in the introduction thread and said I was gonna post this here, so here goes.

I'm a Xbox gamer. I feel like I've kinda maxed out on there and then I watched some mods on youtube....yep...kinda jelly. So I'm hoping some of you Modders can tell me if its even worth buying Skyrim for my laptop I just bought.

Heres the specs.

Screen Size 15.6 inches

Max Screen Resolution 1366x768 pixels

Processor 2.3 GHz Core i7-3610QM

RAM 4 GB SO-DIMM

Hard Drive 500 GB SATA

Graphics Coprocessor Intel GMA HD

Graphics Card Ram Size 1024 MB

Wireless Type 802.11bgn

Number of USB 2.0 Ports 1

Number of USB 3.0 Ports 2

Brand Name Asus

Series A55A

Item model number A55A-EB71

Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Item Weight: 5.8 pounds

Item Dimensions L x W x H 14.90 x 1 x 9.90 inches

Color Mocha

Processor Brand Intel

Computer Memory Type SODIMM

Hard Drive Rotational Speed 5400 RPM

I'm willing to upgrade the Laptop a little if need be.

Doesn't look that bad at all. It's got a nice CPU, decent graphics chip, good RAM, and all together seems rather nice. I think could have built a much better machine rather than buy one, but it's all up to you. I think you'll be able to run the game just fine.

Also, welcome to the community! Happy Gaming!

-Elsarian

have you tried looking for youtube videos showing gameplay on a similar machine? Thats your best option to see how it will run.

Otherwise, please do consider that most youtube mod videos are made with distinctive Gaming Hardware. Usually these are desktops with discrete graphics cards.

Intel Graphics Cards are very much the bottom line when it comes to 3D Graphics (thats why you usually never see Intel Graphics Cards in Gaming Benchmarks) so even if you are able to play Skyrim you will likely have to tune down the details.

CPU should be no problem

RAM is ok but 4 GB more wont hurt

Try and find comparison vids in youtube thats your best bet!

First things first, thanks for the welcome.

Second things Second, I wouldnt even know where to begin with building a laptop/computer haha. I got this laptop on a deal of $550.

Thirdly, Couldn't i upgrade my graphics card to somthing other then Intel and a higher rated one at that?

upgrading a laptop is not easy as a desktop, check on your computers website if they provide more option for your rig, you may be have the slowest one, and you can upgrade for the LVL 2/3/4 with a graphics cards and more ram.

this said your good 550$ deal won't be good at all

you can play with this one, but forgot most of the mods and in lower settings only

@@

upgrading a laptop is not easy as a desktop, check on your computers website if they provide more option for your rig, you may be have the slowest one, and you can upgrade for the LVL 2/3/4 with a graphics cards and more ram.

this said your good 550$ deal won't be good at all

you can play with this one, but forgot most of the mods and in lower settings only

@@

Very well said. Exactly why I mentioned that a $550 dollar custom build desktop would have landed him a better rig than buying one.

Also, in the future, keep in mind that you should steer clear of laptops. Sure, there are $1000 dollar gaming laptops out there, but they are heinous when it comes to upgrading different components. Besides, building a computer really isn't that hard, to be honest. There's a plethora of youtube videos out there that show you how to do it.

Anyways, good luck on future endeavors!

-Elsarian

for future reference, check out newegg.ca/com (depending on your location) and tigerdirect.ca - they're both electronics/computer websites with a lot of computer build options. you may have to get someone to help you put the computer together depending on what you chose, but it works out quite well. i got a 700$ desktop last year thats playing skyrim on high settings with no problem whatsoever from newegg - only thing i don't like is limited hard drive space. (l went with the smallest one for $ reasons.)

good luck at any rate :)

I myself do gaming on a laptop because I lack the space for a desktop(or a television set needed for a console).

My "desktop" is setup next to a TV stand and hooked via HDMI to a 42" flat-screen. Works great with steams Big Picture mode. I treat my PC as a console/pc hybrid of sorts.