Steam Winter Sale

Passb

What have you purchased so far in the Steam Winter Sale? What are you waiting for to go on sale for the flash deals? What's on that wishlist? Recommend some games to others for the holiday season.

Only picked up Mount & Blade: Warband for 9.99, I don't know why but I can't explain why I love this game. I'm still really bad at the multiplayer but nothing beats a server of 100+ people trying to storm and breach a castle.

I'm waiting for Dark Souls to go lower than it is now, been wanting to play this one for a while. Any other good single player RPGs or some lengthier action/adventures available on Steam? I've been out of the loop for games the past couple of months.

just took a look. Dishonored for $30 (50% off) is the only thing that interests me. but considering i dont get paid until next friday, and Christmas has wiped me out, i dont think i can afford it. in fact, even if i could, it would be just barely, so im going to do the responsible thing and not buy it haha. if i find anything worthwhile for maybe $10-$15, then i Might consider it. but yea lol. these Sales always seem to happen when i have little to no money lol.

just took a look. Dishonored for $30 (50% off) is the only thing that interests me. but considering i dont get paid until next friday, and Christmas has wiped me out, i dont think i can afford it. in fact, even if i could, it would be just barely, so im going to do the responsible thing and not buy it haha. if i find anything worthwhile for maybe $10-$15, then i Might consider it. but yea lol. these Sales always seem to happen when i have little to no money lol.

I would say even at 30 Dishonored is overpriced. I haven't played the game, only watched an LP of it but it definitely did not seem the content would warrant the price even at 30. It's extremely short and the difficulty is practically a joke. The story and world the game takes place in are extremely interesting and the gameplay itself looked really fun but it did seem pretty short. I would wait for this one to come down in price even further before buying it. If you're craving stealth try one of the Thief games, those are excellent.

no craving stealth, the game just looked fun, and that seems to be the general consensus about it. i find $60 for it way to high. $30 i would consider it. and obviously anything lower would be nice too lol. but as i said, i dont have the money atm, so it doesnt matter :P

Gaaaaaaaaaaaahhh Steam sale. I spent my money on Christmas for other people though so its a no go. I have 33 things on my wishlist. I do not think you wish to be overwhelmed with it so I won't list it. xD

Oh and by the way. Does anyone know if they are going to do a wishlist giveaway?

Edited by K00L

Dishonored is a great game, I bought it during the Autumn sale, but so far with the Christmas sale I've bought Borderlands 2 and Dear Esther. You all most likely know what BL2 is, but you may not have heard of Dear Esther. Dear Esther is more of an interactive novel than a game, but I quite like that idea. I haven't had a chance to play either of these yet due to being on holiday and needing to use a laptop rather than my normal computer, but I think both should be enjoyable.

I bought The Witcher Enhanced Edition for $2.50 so far. My physical copy is damaged so I got a Steam copy. What the heck, it's dirt cheap. I'm considering purchasing Dragon Age: Origins...$7.50. I've heard it's a good game and all..but man, I hate EA lol :P

Other than that, I can't think of anything else to get.

Edited by Illiad86

I'm hoping that FTL ends up under $5... It's caught my interest, but it's one of those games where I don't know if I'll completely like it or not...

I have played FTL on a friends laptop and let me tell you it is an amazing game. It is quite fun and you can get lost playing it for hours on end.