Lichdom

kromey

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, To be honest i really liked the idea from the other mod (seemingly cancelled) that you would use a spell to mask yourself as a mortal to not be attacked.

And i always imagines liches as completely bare-boned, skeletal mages. Well atleast that's how they looked in Morrowind.

http://www.uesp.net/tamriel/monsters/images/mwlich1.jpg http://www.uesp.net/tamriel/monsters/images/mwlich.jpg

Also "Bonelord" really loved their design, even though they're not really liches.

http://www.uesp.net/tamriel/monsters/images/bonelord.jpg

Also about the Phylactery. I think it could be made something like this:

If you're wearing it and get killed- you suffer true death and die for real.

BUT you are stronger while having the phylactery on person

If you keep it somewhere "safe". You respawn or something next to it.

BUT you are weakened when you're far away from it (different cell or something)

Companion idea:

Maybe being able to have certain companions. For example the "crazy" ones like Cicero. I can't imagine Law abiding citizens following a lich, or mercenaries at that matter! But maybe your "Subjects" for example your colleges from College of Winterhold. Mostly because if they knew you before the turning and since they're ehm educated mages, maybe they wouldnt hate you much? :D

Also i'd object to using the Dragon Priests animations by default (you could make it a spell, "Levitate", would function maybe like waterwalking, as in you hover over the water). But using the default player animations would probably look awkward, so maybe draugr/skeleton animations? Or maybe even custom ones? If someone is willing to make them.

Edited by skulleris

Ooh, good ideas!

Well, To be honest i really liked the idea from the other mod (seemingly cancelled) that you would use a spell to mask yourself as a mortal to not be attacked.

This isn't a bad idea in theory. However, I think it would be rather tedious to have to cast (and then, presumably, periodically re-cast) a spell every time you went into town.

You could think of it as a constantly maintained masking spell?

Also about the Phylactery. I think it could be made something like this:

If you're wearing it and get killed- you suffer true death and die for real.

BUT you are stronger while having the phylactery on person

If you keep it somewhere "safe". You respawn or something next to it.

BUT you are weakened when you're far away from it (different cell or something)

Hm... I like the idea of having the choice between keeping it on you or keeping it somewhere else, and having advantages and disadvantages to each. Not sure about these particulars, though, it feels like the phylactery's little more than a powerful but otherwise usual magical item.

Maybe the phylactery can still respawn the lich whether it's worn or not, but when worn the lich has extra powers -- but by storing it somewhere safe, the lich knows that, when it respawns in its weakened demilich form, it will be somewhere safe...

Companion idea:

Maybe being able to have certain companions. For example the "crazy" ones like Cicero. I can't imagine Law abiding citizens following a lich, or mercenaries at that matter! But maybe your "Subjects" for example your colleges from College of Winterhold. Mostly because if they knew you before the turning and since they're ehm educated mages, maybe they wouldnt hate you much? :D

This is a good idea. I need to delve more into the CK to see how companions work, see if I can disable some companions but not others...

Also i'd object to using the Dragon Priests animations by default (you could make it a spell, "Levitate", would function maybe like waterwalking, as in you hover over the water). But using the default player animations would probably look awkward, so maybe draugr/skeleton animations? Or maybe even custom ones? If someone is willing to make them.

The reason I was thinking the Dragon Priests is because, per lore, they are basically liches -- not self-made as per what I'm working on here, but still liches.

Eventually, though, I'd love to have something unique, something custom-made, but that's well beyond my own capabilities, and I don't want to try and recruit anyone until I at least have a good start on everything else.

I've got another idea for the way "Masking" could work. It could work in a similar fashion, Vampire Master and the werewolves work. You get a power with which you drop the disguise and turn into a full-blown lich.

While "masked" "disguised" or whatever, as a human, the lich would have decreased magicka (maybe 50%) and it would be stunted (wouldn't regenerate). It could be called "Concentration" cause the lich would require lot of concentration to keep his human camouflage.

Also, an idea for the Companions.

Because at the moment the followers follow a set of "Morality" rules. Every follower has like different morality and it determines whether the Follower is a lawful citizen (like Vilkas, Farkas or other) or a criminal (Cicero, Jenassa). At the moment the followers with low morality (again, cicero) don't care if the Dovahkiin commits any crime and will commit crimes FOR the dovahkiin if asked. Other, the lawful ones, will even report to the guards if they witness you doing criminal activities. Others don't care whether you do crimes, but don't do them themselves if asked.

Also! It's probably a stupid idea, but it would be (in my opinion) pretty awesome, if you, as a lich, even when masked as a human, would shamble or just walk slightly awkwardly and people would comment (the same thing, if you have some sort of disease "Are you feeling sick?" or "You don't look so well") Just an aesthetical idea, showing that you, as a lich, can't perfectly imitate a living person.

Susaphone, I always play the same way, for example: A vampire, necromancer with black robes and a burlap sack on the head but i never kill innocents... Don't know why, even when i try to be an evil character i simply can't force myself to do evil things

If it'll need to kill people, hopefully bandits and other criminals will be enough! :mellow:

Edited by skulleris

I've got another idea for the way "Masking" could work. It could work in a similar fashion, Vampire Master and the werewolves work. You get a power with which you drop the disguise and turn into a full-blown lich.

While "masked" "disguised" or whatever, as a human, the lich would have decreased magicka (maybe 50%) and it would be stunted (wouldn't regenerate). It could be called "Concentration" cause the lich would require lot of concentration to keep his human camouflage.

It's a good idea, but then it's not a whole lot different from werewolves and Vampire Lords -- same thing, different stats.

On the other hand, that's not necessarily a bad thing...

So, basically, from a technical standpoint, there would be three forms:

"Concentrating" lich: impaired bonuses, but you look like your normal human/elf/whatever self.

"Revealed" lich: full bonuses, but you look like an evil undead abomination and get attacked on sight.

Demilich: penalties, weakened, attacked on sight.

I'll consider it, but to be honest I'm leaning away from this approach. Maybe as an optional version?

Also, an idea for the Companions.

Because at the moment the followers follow a set of "Morality" rules. Every follower has like different morality and it determines whether the Follower is a lawful citizen (like Vilkas, Farkas or other) or a criminal (Cicero, Jenassa). At the moment the followers with low morality (again, cicero) don't care if the Dovahkiin commits any crime and will commit crimes FOR the dovahkiin if asked. Other, the lawful ones, will even report to the guards if they witness you doing criminal activities. Others don't care whether you do crimes, but don't do them themselves if asked.

Oh really? Hm, maybe one of these days I should travel around with someone other than Lydia for a change, she really doesn't care what I do, whether it's helping random redguards escape over-eager Alik'r warriors, or stealing random stuff and assassinating random peasants...

Also! It's probably a stupid idea, but it would be (in my opinion) pretty awesome, if you, as a lich, even when masked as a human, would shamble or just walk slightly awkwardly and people would comment (the same thing, if you have some sort of disease "Are you feeling sick?" or "You don't look so well") Just an aesthetical idea, showing that you, as a lich, can't perfectly imitate a living person.

I don't think I want the unusual animations (also, those are beyond my capabilities anyway), but I am hoping I can get the random "You look a little pale..." and related comments you get when you're a vampire.

Would you please make it so the Lich does not have to do anything evil (like kill people) to become a Lich?

I prefer playing good dark-like characters.

This is actually what I hope to accomplish -- the various stages will require "evil" ingredients, but they can always be found when otherwise ridding Skyrim of various evildoers...

Small passive ability but what about water breathing. One of the vampire mods added water breathing because undead don't need to breath.

Ooh, good idea! This one's going straight in!