SKSE and Steam Workshop Mods

Dubnoman

I'd like to use some mods that use SKSE. One of them is the Economics of Skyrim mod, which seems like a great mod. I installed SKSE, and it seems like I have to use the SKSE Loader every time I play Skyrim in order for SKSE mods to work. However, I do know that in order to get Steam Workshop Mods to work, you need to load Skyrim via Steam so that Steam mods can sync up.

Is there a way to use mods that use SKSE and have Steam Workshop Mods at the same time? I'd hate it if you had to choose one over the other. I'd choose SKSE, but the Steam mods I have I would like to use (I only have two).

I can't really check things out myself and experiment. I have a new computer and I'm trying to get Skyrim running with mods on my new computer, and I'm having issues and it'll take some time and effort to get so many things into place, and it doesn't help that I have to install all mods manually at the moment, as I've forgotten my password for NMM and it won't let me use it without the password. I'm trying to work out a solution with that.

Steam does not "sync" them as you say. When you launch the game via steam, all steam does is check for updates on those mods, or download mods you subscribe to. It is not necessary to launch the game via steam, for the mods you install from the workshop will still function even if the game is launched via SKSE. If what you say was the case, then why would modders upload mods to the workshop that require SKSE? If you are going to run the game via SKSE.exe, then every now and again launch skyrim from steam so that it can check your workshop mods for updates, otherwise don't launch from there.

Hope this cleared things up a bit.

-Elsarian

I gave Kudos to both of you. Both posts help me out. I may just load the game via SKSE and load it up with Steam every now and then for Steam sync updates, or I might just tinker around with some files to get SKSE to load up with Steam.

When new versions of Skyrim roll out, SKSE has to be updated to work properly with a new version of Steam, right? And I would not want to load things with SKSE then? Or is this not correct? I never really made use of SKSE before, but I just found two mods that use it and I'm going to use SKSE.

I gave Kudos to both of you. Both posts help me out. I may just load the game via SKSE and load it up with Steam every now and then for Steam sync updates, or I might just tinker around with some files to get SKSE to load up with Steam.

When new versions of Skyrim roll out, SKSE has to be updated to work properly with a new version of Steam, right? And I would not want to load things with SKSE then? Or is this not correct? I never really made use of SKSE before, but I just found two mods that use it and I'm going to use SKSE.

Yes, you are right. Whenever a new version of Skyrim is released, SKSE will not launch the game and therefore your mods will not work. However, there is good news. The SKSE team usually updates either the same day of the new patch for skyrim, or a day after, so you shouldn't have to go any more than a day before SKSE works again. Hope this has helped!

Also, Merry Christmas!

-Elsarian

Yes, you are right. Whenever a new version of Skyrim is released, SKSE will not launch the game and therefore your mods will not work. However, there is good news. The SKSE team usually updates either the same day of the new patch for skyrim, or a day after, so you shouldn't have to go any more than a day before SKSE works again. Hope this has helped!

Also, Merry Christmas!

-Elsarian

Merry Christmas to you, as well. You have helped me in two threads today. I'd give you another kudos point, but with these forums, it looks like it is only 'one per customer'. :tongue:

Edited by Dubnoman