Help getting ENB mods to work.

supertaquito

Wich ENB 113 - 119 etc, is usaly mentioned on the Nexus ENB mods, wich one they were made for, some need an exact version like Cinematically Realistic ENB is at it latest version made for v0.122

and the version i am using is made for v0.117 but i am using the v0.119 instead, for some better presets and more advanced feuteres that was added in that one, and i am myself later changing it to my liking,

but you need both, to get it working it dont matter wich one you choose, just that you have anyone from Boris site, then one from Nexus, mostly for some nexus ENB's using the DLL grafic file from Boris,

here is the link to the ENb i am using on Nexus,

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20654

on the download page, you see wich version of the mod that is used to wich Boris ENBseries

This is where it gets confusing.. Both what exactly? d3d9.dill files?

No!

you need the D3D9.dll from Boris, .113 or .119 or last 0.122, anyway the one recommended by the Enb's author setting .

then take the D3D9.dll from the wrappers file and put it straight in Skyrim dir (where is TESV.exe)

when it's done do the same with the file from the modder

you must have in C:/steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim the following:

D3D9.Dll

enbeffect.fx

enbeffectprepass.fx

enbsunsprite.fx

enbbloom.fx

enbseries.ini

+ sometime, enbpalette.bmp

if you have all of these files there-------------» PLAY :)

if not Re-install

@@

Edited by korun

No!

you need the D3D9.dll from Boris, .113 or .119 or last 0.122, anyway the one recommended by the Enb's author setting .

then take the D3D9.dll from the wrappers file and put it straight in Skyrim dir (where is TESV.exe)

when it's done do the same with the file from the modder

you must have in C:/steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim the following:

D3D9.Dll

enbeffect.fx

enbeffectprepass.fx

enbsunsprite.fx

enbbloom.fx

enbseries.ini

+ sometime, enbpalette.bmp

if you have all of these files there-------------» PLAY :)

if not Re-install

@@

I have all the files.

Nothing. Still crashes to desktop as soon as I launch it.

in skyrimPref.ini go to the line:

sD3DDevice="ENB" instead of your GC

Now if you use the launcher, it will ask for your graphic setting again, you must see in the option tab "graphic card = ENB", set you options and launch, if you use SKSE launch directly

Important: take care of your résolution, it must be the same for the desk and in game

@@

I am having the same problem but with a Steam version of the game.

I wanted to make sure I did everything right so I found a youtube tutorial on how to install the ENB from Boris and Skyrim still won't load. I have the steam version so I click Play on steam, it starts the launcher, and when I click play game nothing loads up, it just instantly crashes and I get nothing.

@Original Poster: I have read that certain tray monitoring applications can cause the game not to load and not let the ENB do what it is supposed to do. I've read of people who had to disable MSI Afterburner, or XFire, etc and then only after that did the game load with ENB activated and installed. Could you possibly have some sort of monitoring application running in the background?

As for me, I deleted every piece of Skyrim on my computer, and am currently going to try the whole process all over again and see if I can get it to work the second time around. Currently downloading the game again off of steam. I'll come back here to hopefully help or continue to steam (no pun intended) my problems.

I am having the same problem but with a Steam version of the game.

I wanted to make sure I did everything right so I found a youtube tutorial on how to install the ENB from Boris and Skyrim still won't load. I have the steam version so I click Play on steam, it starts the launcher, and when I click play game nothing loads up, it just instantly crashes and I get nothing.

@Original Poster: I have read that certain tray monitoring applications can cause the game not to load and not let the ENB do what it is supposed to do. I've read of people who had to disable MSI Afterburner, or XFire, etc and then only after that did the game load with ENB activated and installed. Could you possibly have some sort of monitoring application running in the background?

As for me, I deleted every piece of Skyrim on my computer, and am currently going to try the whole process all over again and see if I can get it to work the second time around. Currently downloading the game again off of steam. I'll come back here to hopefully help or continue to steam (no pun intended) my problems.

I do have MSI afterburner and kombustor running at the moment, but they have not been causing any sort of issues.

I did manage to run the game with mods after all, I used the newest version 1.21212 or something among those lines, and I used the injector folder, so I guess my operating system was not letting files get copied and merged properly for some reason.

My graphics card is pretty tough, but damn this ENB make is suffer a little. I also noticed that by setting the FPS limiter it smooths out the gameplay even with ENB on.