Dota 2 team players...

Dan3345

First off Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all had a good time with friends and family.

OK so I was just playing Dota 2, and doing fine. It was the gametype where you can only pick three heroes to play as. I picked enigma. A bit late into the game this guy starts running his mouth. Saying we were all trash and he was the only good one. He was playing as drow ranger (arguably the easiest hero in the game) and had 12 kills and 8 deaths. I had 6 kills and 3 deaths. The other three team members were apparently feeding the enemy players but I hadn't noticed. I was busy pushing mid ( had taken single handedly both middle towers and was able to hold off the enemy players for a bit before they rushed). Long story short, I think I was doing OK for someone who never played Enigma and the other guys had lost our top towers but we seemed alright. And this guy just couldn't shut up.

We were all trash, all of us. He was saying that he bought the game today and was better than us and then I looked and saw he had 154 hours in the game.. People like this make me so mad. It's a game, enjoy it, stop telling people you think they are bad. If they are so what. He must have really low self esteem to have too make others in a video game feel bad. One guy was with me trying to get him to stop and the guy ended up DC'ing he was so pissed.

I think I'm done venting.. :wallbash:

I really think people forget that at the end of the day it is just a video game. There will always be those who feel they are entitled to act that way even if they are not doing the best on the team so when I am playing Dota 2 and a player like that ends up on my team I don't even give them the satisfaction of a response. I have never been in a scenario extreme enough to give someone negative rep, but if the player is really obnoxious just give his Dota profile negative rating at the end of the game. If they accumulate enough of it they will probably be put into a low priority queue or something along those lines.

If I were you I wouldn't worry about it. Just let it go and enjoy the holidays :happy: .

people are idiots, hell i was doing best in a game just now and got called an idiot and a moron for me efforts lol, play well people hate, play bad people hate, no winning xD....just ignore them all lol

if u want someone to play with pm me your steam id and ill add u :) would be nice to have more peoples to play with on dota 2 :D.....that goes for all u lovely people on the nexus too!

right back to dota xD

Edited by tredmillion

Expect this, and worse, if you play DotA 2, HoN or LoL. It's just what the community is like.

I've played DotA since the early beta days, before I even went to uni, and it's always been like this. The most likely reason is because if someone is playing badly on your team then it empowers the other team. If you have someone playing badly on your team in CoD, Battlefield, Planetside and so on it doesn't matter; as long as you play well you can win it for your team. That person playing badly does not give the enemy team an unfair advantage. In MOBAs like DotA it doesn't work like that; if you play badly and feed the other team then it makes it impossible for the others on your team to pick up the slack and win it. Essentially, you can waste 45 minutes of your team's time if you don't play well. And this is why people get ticked off.

Obviously it's not right, but there's the likely reason for it.

Some people can't play good together even if they play great in an RPG and practice alone until they can't lose. Once they get with a team something just doesn't set well in their mind and they go bah zonker's. I have several experiences where I was just as good at the game as I describe and I met up with a stranger in the game and we team up, my abilities just don't work like they were, and all I can say is, "WTF".

Almost forgot, Then there are those who I've meet and the game play works we work so well together it is like we were a clock ticking away. Win, win...

when a bunch of team players get together dota 2 is an absolute breeze!

though when no one can play nice together it sucks, case and point, a few minutes ago i was having a game, and every time i went in for a group assault (with multiple friendlies next to me) no one else attacked and hung back just out of enemy reach, leaving me to die, despite me being the main carry and having the most souped up hero :P then slowly trickling in after me 1 by 1 and feeding the enemies :P

some people just dont understand teamwork lol

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/29851882.jpg

Edited by tredmillion

Yeah, Dark One hit the nail on this one.I would be pissed off too if i see a member of my team feeding kills to the opposing team it would be impossible to out match them in terms of gear and gold at that time so yeah...like what he said

It's just what the community is like.

You can waste 45 minutes of your team's time if you don't play well. And this is why people get ticked off.

Obviously it's not right, but there's the likely reason for it.