Dark Souls FPS Unlock = Instant Crash

CameronHodgson

• 1 month later...

Happens to me as well. Halp!

I think I found a workaround. Launch the game without it enabled, then activate it with the toggle key ingame. The default key for it should be backstep, which can be changed by editing the DSfixKeys file.

Edited by TheDook

Happens to me as well. Halp!

I think I found a workaround. Launch the game without it enabled, then activate it with the toggle key ingame. The default key for it should be backstep, which can be changed by editing the DSfixKeys file.

I tried this but I can't tell wether the function is working or not. I press the selected hotkey (which I already try changing a few times) and I don't notice any difference. Is there some kind of warning so you can tell if it's working or not?

• 3 months later...

Have you disabled the anti aliasing and other effects in the game? Make sure all your effects are done by the DSfix.ini as opposed to the in-game configuration.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I have the exact same problem. And the game is sort of glitchy, doesn't really run smoothly and I hoped to fix it by unlocking the FPS rate. Only it crashes then. I've seen a good piece of advice somewhere else on the Internet - to disable DEP (Data Execution Prevention) function in Windows for this particular programme. However, when I try to do so, Win7 informs me that this programme cannot be run without DEP activated, so it doesn't let me change the setting. Any ideas how to make it work? Help, guys, please. I really wanna play this game the best way possible :)

• 7 years later...

Dim Spirits crashes on startup when I set the open fps choice in dsfix to 1 so I can go over 30 fps. Does anybody know any reason for this? I'm extremely certain my PC can deal with over 30 fps in it if not at 60. Despite the fact that my PC isn't excessively acceptable, I actually figure I could run the game at in excess of 30 fps. Any knowledge on this would be enormously refreshing. Chatiw