Created a Snub nose Chiappa Rhino mesh, not importing to Nif

NVchanka

What you do in your game is your business, however the mod author states "This mod was made by Raipe, don´t edit or share without my permission." So it is a DIY.

What tool did you use to shorten the barrel and move the front sight? Also, what happened to the original mesh?

yep its for me.
made a copy file then edit the mesh.
I was unfamiliar with blender, so I used sketch up to edited the .OBJ file there. I duplicated the frame and cut them approraitely and snapped it on to each other, seems fine in the blender.

Want to see the file itself? I can post it here.

Click on a mesh in Blender, go to edit mode with Tab button, press A to select all vertices, press Ctrl + T to convert any n-gons to triangles. Rather than importing it in Nifskope, export it in Nif format from Blender.

Click on a mesh in Blender, go to edit mode with Tab button, press A to select all vertices, press Ctrl + T to convert any n-gons to triangles. Rather than importing it in Nifskope, export it in Nif format from Blender.

Thanks, I tried to install the nif plugin but seems not working well with 2.8 blender,

Is there another way to export it as a nif?

The best Blender for Fallout games is still version 2.49 with the appropriate nif plugin. From what I understand, there are no stable versions of the 2.6 plugin. Only developer builds.

If you want things to actually work, download and install this version of blender:

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/12248/?

This has everything all packaged together with versions that are all compatible with each other.

The nif tools for the newer versions of blender are broken in many, many, many ways. I have seen people create functional static objects with them, but not much else.

If you plan on editing more meshes for FNV, I would recommend taking the time to learn how to use blender.

Edited by madmongo