Request for Duel Weilding

GamerForever

So yeah basicly this is a request to have single handed weapons dual weildable. And better yet, mix and match it so you can have ur laser pistol in on hand and say a magnum in the other.

To my way of thinking, when you click the right mouse button to zoom, the camra would zoom for the weapon with the greatest zoom. In this case, the magnum has the greatest zoom since it is scoped, but naturally both weapons would be working off the same zoom. Does that make sence?

Anyway I'm sure a modder can figure it out. Any takers?

Thanks!

Due to multiple restrictions in the Oblivion game engine(And how FO3 was built on it.) this will be only doable with FOSE and even then the 'off hand' gun will probably not fire/if it does, it won't fire properly/animation will look somewhat crappy not to even speak of what trying to aim could do. This probably won't be impossible but it WILL be hard and it will take time before it gets done(Most of the modders that would be capable of doing this aren't in the FO3 community yet or are working on some mods of their own while waiting for GECK.) On a personal note I really don't mind not being able to dual wield, but even if I don't personally care much, there is hope for this mod. I just wanted to point out that it will take a rather long time before this can/will be done or even before someone starts to work on this.

~Elraine

i know i will look into it. besides what DLC said, well he actually darted around the subject, is animations. there are no animations in the engine to support a dual wield setup. i doubt anything from oblivion would fit the bill so custom animations would be required. getting such custom animations in the game for weapons is up in question for the time being

I was mainly speaking of the firing animation as it would likely be out of sync etc, but true that it would also require it's own animation for just the actual wielding. Many of the problems that were with creating the dual wielding in Oblivion would be the same here(Could possily ask the authors of Oblivion DW mods about what sort of trouble they ran into and solutions to them.), although no doubt someone will succeed in doing this.

Hehe good one. But basically it should be possible to mirror the animations of the right hand to the left. And whats up with that why is everyone in FO right handed?? o_O guess its all in the keeping things simple in development that they did this. (They could just have added a flag that set the animation to be either left handed or right handed geesh and then "scale" the model + skeleton by -1 in one axis)

Archived