TUTORIAL: REMOVING UNWANTED MAGIC EFFECTS FROM THE PLAYER

steve40

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm afraid the wispmother fix is definately no-longer working. I've re-installed the scripts and tried the fix several times, but the wisp fog stays.

Then it is probably not the wisp fog but some other magic effect with a different ID.

Hi,

Dragonborn issue: Sometimes when my character is hit (and can be anything, sword, arrow, spell) there is an explosion of tentacles from the ground where my character is standing. I'm not sure what they do, i think they hurt my opponent, either way I find them more irritating than anything else.

Does anyone know what they are, and if so, how do i get rid of them?

cheers

Edit: think its from Mirrak's robes (though i dont wear them)

Edited by Dice42

I'm afraid the wispmother fix is definately no-longer working. I've re-installed the scripts and tried the fix several times, but the wisp fog stays.

Then it is probably not the wisp fog but some other magic effect with a different ID.

Has anyone seen a white fog effect that's very like the wisp effect, but isn't? I'd be very grateful for the relevent code. (I picked the effect up in Wolfskull Cave during the Man Who Cried Wolf quest.)

Thanks.

Edited by Midwinter1888

Hi,

Dragonborn issue: Sometimes when my character is hit (and can be anything, sword, arrow, spell) there is an explosion of tentacles from the ground where my character is standing. I'm not sure what they do, i think they hurt my opponent, either way I find them more irritating than anything else.

Does anyone know what they are, and if so, how do i get rid of them?

cheers

Edit: think its from Mirrak's robes (though i dont wear them)

EDIT: it's Mora's Curse - a cloaking spell that turns nearby NPCs into aggressive tentacled beasts.

DLC2MKMorasCloakSpell: xx03B546 (where xx = Dragonborn load order, usually 04)

Mirrak's Robe effect is called "tentacle explosion" but all I got was a harmless green glow when testing it. Here's the code just in case:

DLC2MKMiraakRobeAbilitySpell: xx039152 (where xx = Dragonborn load order, usually 04)

Edited by steve40

Only level 4, not sure where I picked it up. Have tried add/remove all the spell effects on my kuertee log details, no dice.

Anyone have any ideas?

Running Vanilla Skyrim + Mods:

• Skyrim.esm Active
  • Update.esm Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}
    • Contains dirty edits: 92 ITM, 3 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • HighResTexturePack01.esp Active
  • HighResTexturePack02.esp Active
  • HighResTexturePack03.esp Active
  • Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp Active
  • ShootingStars.esp Active
  • SwiftPotion.esp Active
  • KaceAutoloot.esp Active
  • Footprints.esp Active
  • SkyUI.esp Active
  • iHUD.esp Active
  • 1nivWICCloaks.esp Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Relev}}
  • 1nivWICCloaksCRAFT.esp
    • Warning: Use only one WICCloaks esp.
  • 1nivWICCloaksNoGuards.esp
    • Warning: Use only one WICCloaks esp.
  • Dragonbone Weapons.esp Active
  • DeadlyDragons.esp
  • PumpingIron.esp Active
  • towBlockSteal.esp Active
  • Headtracking.esp Active
  • dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp Active
  • dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp Active
    • Note: Ragdolls will conflict with other mods that change the skeleton.nif. Check Custom Skeleton Replacers for compatibly with other skeleton.nif.
  • HitStop.esp Active
  • DamageMultiplier.esp
  • Locational Damage.esp Active
  • 3DNPC.esp Active
  • Random Alternate Start.esp Active
  • RAS - Riverwood CharGen.esp Active
  • rcrnShaders.esp
    • Note: Make sure you have bEnableFileSelection=1 in SkyrimPrefs.ini under [Launcher].
    • Contains dirty edits: 16 ITM, 3 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • RCRNvolumetric.esp
    • Contains dirty edits: 2 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • Warburg's 3D Paper World Map - Texture 2.esp Active

Can anyone please tell me what this is?

I've tried the Sovngarde glow fix and the generic one, but I can't find any abilities that seem to be the culprit.

I only noticed this today when entering Halls of Dovahndor to craft, but it could well have been there since I left SOlstheim, as it's not so visible in first person unless you look at the floor.

There are 4 likely culprits: Dragonborn, Halls of Dovahndor (which seems unlikely if it's not the Sovngarde glow, I've also had the mod a good while) or Amazing Follower Tweaks (again, seems unlikely, but it's the last mod I installed) or some potion ingerdients maybe?

I don't use magic and it's definitely none of my equipment. It persists through a save/reload and waiting. I've attached a pic of the effect. It's not just the visible glow, there's sparklies too when I move.

EDIT: The glowing 'dome' goes away when using beast form, but the sparklies remain. Upon reverting to human the glow returns.

EDIT2: Using the console command to change sex and then back again helped the issue! The radioactive aura is gone, though I still have a faint glow and the sparklies remain - see the 2nd pic. I'm posting this up for anyone else with the same issue, incase there isn't a fix for it at the moment.The effect comes back after a reload though.

Edited by thegrimfandango