Large pile of junk that immobilizes upon entering areas?

Nemorac

Okay, so I've got several mods running on my copy of Fallout 3, and I've run into some really weird glitch thing that's happened. It's only happened twice, but I don't want it happening again in areas I might actually need to go through. It first showed up when trying to go through the sewer related to the Broken Steel questline,and again when entering a building that had been modified slightly via a quest mod. Suddenly, I was stuck at the entrance (could look around and exit where I came in) but could not move, and not even toggling collision could get me out. I tried to remove the objects in hope that that would help, but it didn't seem to, and found it hard to do so without also deleting part of the map I was in. Here's the mods I have in their load order, hopefully that will help.

Fallout3.esm

Anchorage.esm

ThePitt.esm

BrokenSteel.esm

PointLookout.esm

Zeta.esm

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm

EVE.esm

TheInstitute.esm

DCInteriors_ComboEdition.esm

DCInteriors_SideQuests.esm

CubeExperimental (EN).esm

Project Genesis.esm

Vault 101 Revisited.esm

Realistic Interior Lighting.esp

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Operation Anchorage.esp

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - The Pitt.esp

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Broken Steel.esp

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Point Lookout.esp

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Mothership Zeta.esp

dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp

Fellout-Full.esp

EVE - UF3P Patch.esp

NotSoFast.esp

UPP - Pack 1.esp

UPP - Pack 2.esp

UPP - Quest Perks.esp

UPP - Original Perks.esp

UPP - Experience Perks.esp

DCInteriors_DLC_Collectables.esp

Explosive Entry.esp

GalaxyNewsRadio10[C].esp

GalaxyNewsRadio20[C].esp

GalaxyNewsRadio30[C].esp

GalaxyNewsRadio40[C].esp

GalaxyNewsRadio50[C].esp

GalaxyNewsRadio60[C].esp

GalaxyNewsRadio70[C].esp

GalaxyNewsRadio80[C].esp

GalaxyNewsRadio90[C].esp

GalaxyNewsRadio100[C].esp

LilMac.esp

NewMall.esp

Devoured in Darkness.esp

NightmareRealm.esp

PLweightadjust.esp

The Mantis Imperative - Mantis.esp

The Mantis Imperative - Jello.esp

Regulators.esp

AReasonedArgument.esp

Megaton House and Theme Overhaul.esp

BobbleHeadRun.esp

Error Fixes V1.5 - Higher FPS.esp

Error Fixes V1.5 - Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esp

Error Fixes V1.5 - Fellout.esp

MergedPatchErrorFix101Revisited.esp

Fallout Remastered.esp

Fallout Remastered - RIL (PI Merge).esp

Fallout Remastered - Fellout.esp

EDIT: The merged patch is one I made myself using the merge patch instructions with FO3Edit, and I believe merges all the mods above it, but does not touch the ones below.

Edited by Nemorac

Your problem is probably the result of a mod conflict. Do not use Fallout Remastered with Error Fixes or Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch. Stick with Fallout Remastered since it is newer and more up to date.

Tell me, did you use Fo3Edit's masterupdate function on your load order? If so, then you'll need to reinstall the unofficial patch.

EDIT: The merged patch is one I made myself using the merge patch instructions with FO3Edit, and I believe merges all the mods above it, but does not touch the ones below.

Depends. Did you untick Remastered and it's patches before making a merged patch?

Do not use Fallout Remastered with Error Fixes or Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch. Stick with Fallout Remastered since it is newer and more up to date.

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to correct you there.

Remastered may be more up to date, but it's no replacement for the unofficial patch. I should also mention that it was never the ambition of the team to replace the Unofficial patch. The topic was never even brought up.

"Supplement" might be a better term if one were to choose any word to define it's relationship to the Unofficial patch. Though it was never the ambition of the team to make a mod that supplements the unofficial patch either.

Remastered does indeed replace the Error Fixes mod though.

Nemorac - Hello!

I know this bug, it crops up on the forum from time to time & took some time to figure out.

Always the same effect, all the moveable clutter items pile up at the enterance of the affected location blocking passage. They almost seem drawn to you like you're a magnet. :)

The Taft Tunnels are the most common location affected but there can be others.

While many mods have taken the blame over time it's not actually caused by a mod.

It's caused by FO3Edit run in FO3MasterUpdate.

That can be a handy fix for a few issues (like the bug of mismatched head/body on NPC added by .esp's rather than by .esm's) but it can cause problems when used on other mods.

Some plugins just don't work properly when flagged as Masters.

In the past I was able to reproduce this with Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Broken Steel.esp, running FO3MasterUpdate on that file would cause the bug in the Taft Tunnels every time.

Simple solution, change it back by using a renamed copy of FO3Edit (in the the way you did FO3MasterUpdate) only this time you call it:

FO3MasterRestore

This will turn any mod that is ticked back to it's original setting.

You can leave any mod that you think needs to be flagged as a master by unticking it before running FO3MasterRestore.

Just make sure Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Broken Steel.esp is changed back to it's original .esp state to fix this glitch.

Or you can just drop in a fresh copy of the Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Broken Steel.esp from the original download & overwrite the changed one.

It's worth noting that this is not an issue with Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Broken Steel.esp, other .esp's flagged as .esm's can cause trouble in this way so it's best to keep an eye out for oddities when using FO3MasterUpdate.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: I see BlackRampage got in there before me. :)

Happy New Year BlackRampage! :)

Prensa

Edited by prensa

Just one final question. Will undoing the master update fix the problem on saves where I have encountered it? Or will I just have to avoid those areas if I want to keep playing on those saves?

EDIT: Seems that it does. Thanks again,and good to know I don't need the Error Fix. I am kind of worrying as to when the mods I'm putting in will be too much, but so far so good ^^:

Edited by Nemorac