Long War mod discussion

johnnylump

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delete all the files in this folder

C:\Users\*YOUR NAME HERE*\Documents\My Games\xcom - enemy unknown\xcomgame\Localization\INT

And run the game.

If that doesn't work,

uninstall the mod, delete those files again, verify integrity in steam to get back to a clean vanilla, start the game twice, then install the mod

I really like the Long War but how can i disable soldier combat fatigue after mission.

For me resting for 5 days after any mission is little not politically correct :). Even with EU standards :).

So here two questions:

1. How to change description from "Tired" to "Security of mission site" on my own?

2. Maybe You can change it with patch.

Let's say it. It is no change for gameplay but a little bit more fabular.

Heh, nice thought. Do they take commercial air home?

Anyway,

In C:\Users\*YOUR NAME HERE*\Documents\My Games\xcom - enemy unknown\xcomgame\Localization\INT

Open XComStrategyGame.INT

and edit:

m_arrSoldierStatus[eStatus_Fatigued]="Tired"

or

m_arrSoldierStatus[eStatus_Fatigued]=Tired

If there are no quote marks in your version, don't add them.

just started playing with this mod, great work. The changes are very fitting and much more interresting gameplay.

One thing I do not like is that soldiers drop equiment (curriously not all) after mission and you need to regear on each mission start. Is this by intension?

Glad you are enjoying it ...

Yes, they drop manufactured / unique equipment (the stuff that isn't infinite), and that's by design.

They do this because you'll rarely take soldiers on two missions in a row with the rest mechanism, so it's actually more work to unequip tired soldiers and then reequip the next group. Do you really want to go hunting through your 50+ soldiers in the barracks to find that one spare laser rifle?

Trust me, this is the better way, but there are instructions to mod it out on the mod page, in the modding the mod subforum.

We'd like to someday let you set up 'default' loadouts for soldiers, but that's a coding project we haven't yet taken on.

Edited by johnnylump

I found the sub forum, thank you very much

I like to play with special squads using varius combinations of abilities and equipment (which is also feels slightly more realistic), so I simply have to save the money to have laser rifles for all people who should have one.

That feature took me a little of guard, so I had heaps of equipment lying in my storage :laugh:

Hi there!

I don't know if i'm actually experiencing a bug, but i just researched Experimental Warfare, and though even the engineer tells me to build a foundry facility, it doesn't show up in the "build facilities"-menu. Is there anything else i have to do? E.g. building the alien containment or smth like that?

I'd really like to upgrade my weapons because i'm starting to get beaten up by the aliens xD