Long War mod discussion

johnnylump

Also, what version of Long War are you playing? What second-wave options are you using and what difficulty are you playing on? Have you lost lots of countries and gained some back? Have you tried all the troubleshooting steps listed on the mod description page?

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ami - Yes I do have all DLCs installed, though the quest chains are already broken because I failed both Slingshot and Progeny missions long ago,

and here is the last part of my Log entry for that CTD:

[0029.99] XComMapSelection: Evaluating previously played missions for type eFCMType_Assault
[0029.99] XComMapSelection: Found matching map eFCM_ChryssalidHive new count 1
[0029.99] XComMapSelection: Found matching map eFCM_TruckStopAssault new count 2
[0029.99] XComMapSelection: Found matching map eFCM_HeliAssault new count 3
[0029.99] XComMapSelection: Found matching map eFCM_ResearchAssault new count 4
[0029.99] XComMapSelection: Evaluating mission type to present...
[0029.99] XComMapSelection: Adding possible type eFCMType_Assault as its count matches the least played count of 4
[0029.99] XComMapSelection: Adding possible type eFCMType_Bomb as its count matches the least played count of 4
[0029.99] XComMapSelection: Skipping type eFCMType_Extraction as it has no valid maps.
[0029.99] XComMapSelection: Skipping type eFCMType_Rescue as it has no valid maps.
[0029.99] XComMapSelection: Explicitly removing assault type as there are other mission types available.
[0029.99] XComMapSelection: Chose mission type at random: eFCMType_Bomb. Filtering maps...
[0029.99] XComMapSelection: Removing mission eFCM_TrainyardBomb - already played this game, or too early
[0029.99] XComMapSelection: Removing mission eFCM_SlaughterBomb - already played this game, or too early
[0029.99] XComMapSelection: Removing mission eFCM_BridgeBomb - already played this game, or too early
[0029.99] XComMapSelection: Removing mission eFCM_CemeteryBomb - already played this game, or too early
[0029.99] XComMapSelection: Potential map: URB_TrainStation_Bomb (Mission Variant Bomb Defusal Train Station)
[0029.99] XComMapSelection: XComMapManager::Selecting Random Map: TimeOfDay(0), UFO(0), Region(4), Country( :cool:
[0029.99] XComMapSelection: XComMapManager::RandomMap: (0) URB_TrainStation, URB_TrainStation
[0029.99] XComMapSelection: XComMapManageer: RandomSelection using fallback matches
[0033.55] Log: === Critical error: ===
Fatal error!

Address = 0x82d06c (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCom-Enemy-Unknown\XEW\Binaries\Win32\XComEW.exe]
Address = 0x82d06c (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCom-Enemy-Unknown\XEW\Binaries\Win32\XComEW.exe]

I tried everything as outlined in Troubleshooting/Read me sections including un/reinstalling the entire game because I suspected it was perhaps related to an executable file corruption, but the CTD still persists.

@johny - I'm using the latest version of LW, 9a, and playing on Normal difficulty with only Strict Screening and World Diversity SW options enabled.

I gained China and Canada back by assaulting the alien bases, but lost China again for a total of 6 lost so far.

* one more thing I'd like to note is the fact that Base Defense mission still hasn't taken place this late into the game, so perhaps its trigger is what's causing the CTD?

Let me know if there are any other parameters that would help you identify the problem please,

and I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank all of you guys again for your amazing works - It is simply incredible!

Thank you.

Edited by neoblue207

Hi.

When mission to attack the alien's base will be available? I made the Skeleton key.

You first need to launch a satellite over the country you've already lost, then you will see an option to assault the alien base on that particular nation when your satellite becomes operational, at which point the skeleton key will be required.

Edited by neoblue207

@johny - I'm using the latest version of LW, 9a, and playing on Normal difficulty with only Strict Screening and World Diversity SW options enabled.

I gained China and Canada back by assaulting the alien bases, but lost China again for a total of 6 lost so far.

* one more thing I'd like to note is the fact that Base Defense mission still hasn't taken place this late into the game, so perhaps its trigger is what's causing the CTD?

I guess go ahead and email me your savegame, and I'll see if I can get it working in my build

johnnylump (at) gmail (dot) com

Thanks!

I used to use the 'No Exalt Mod' but Installing LW made it vanish. Tried to reinstall No Exalt Mod but no change. LW would be so much better without Exalt. They're way too overpowered in the middle game anyway and if you dare not go on exalt missions, they just steal your badly needed funds. Shame the only program you can look at those massive tech charts with is 'paint' as you can't scroll around with anything else that I know of or use. They could be quartered in size so we could keep a window open for constant reference.

Who can wear a Psi Screen and other Psi-stuff ?

Even Sid Meier can not put Psi Screen.

Sid, from this list of heroes:

http://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Hero_(EU2012)

it is a bug?

and another bug.
The camera does not focus on the direction from which the meld rings.
It's not fair. Depending on what the soldiers went last - I can see the direction of the meld or not. This is random. But every move can be important when extracting the meld.
PS. I really like this mod !
PPS. Now one of the Russian streamers (not me) trying to pass Long War on the highest difficulty with no saves !
He has to already finished Long War Enemy Unknown! Now tries Long War Enemy Within !
You can see his stream here: http://www.twitch.tv/iks_slon
and personally see the bugs, or complexity.
Edited by LKSrdwsde