Fallout Remastered?

Aanikron

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Folks,

I just came across this thread as a result of looking for merger patches.

I'm getting ready to give Fallout 3 it's first good "Go." Several months back I had it installed, and then I lost my hard drive.

Is this mod "dead," or...? I don't have time to read through 17 pages' worth of content, and by page 4 I saw that it was only available to those who wrote an email to a certain individual. Is that still in effect?

I'm looking for a good "macro" mod. Something that takes the very best gameplay and graphics enhancements and puts them all together. Is this mod it, or...?

AFAIK, Remastered isn't just a simple script/ingame object mega fix mod like the Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch (even though it has many of the same changes in it), or the Updated version of it, but it allegedly tackles inherent engine flaws too (lighting problems, invisible walls, mismatching worldspace terrain, etc), according to this thread.

*sigh* Why was this old fossil dug up? Should have left the dead where they sleep, lest they be disturbed.

Is this mod "dead," or...?

Knowing it's author (well, I used to anyway) it likely isn't dead, it's simply no longer being distributed to "the masses".

Personally, I'd recommend the Updated Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch in it's stead. Haven't tried it myself or anything but judging by the individuals who made it, it's bound to be quite good.

• 2 months later...

@Psycros:

There are at least two items being called Pre-War Book in the base game. Yearling will only accept one. I usually decorate my home with the others. Books added by mods would (presumably) have a different form id than what Yearling is scripted to accept. Theoretically, Yearling's quest could be edited to allow any book at all, even mods, as long as you new the appropriate ids.

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi Kitty,

I have tried to send you a PM to request a forward to the author of Fallout Remastered so that I can receive a copy if it is still available, however, it says that you cannot receive any new PM's. Can you advise what I can do to obtain a copy of this mod please?

Many thanks. :smile: