Dragons...

walmarteater

I remember reading somewhere on some other forum, someone asked why there werent any dragons in the elder scrolls series, and someone said Bethesda considered it simply not a part of the lore, and partially too cliche. So.... i was wondering why the heck there was a dragon statue just stucked in the middle of ebonheart. its like, "hmhmhm open morrowind... oh! theres a dragon in the background! hmhmhm... new game... nope, no dragons, wander round for a awhile... ooh! ebonheart! sounds fun! im going there! *arrives, giant dragon sticks his busy nose in your face* wtf?!"

There used to be red and black dragons in Akavir, but they were killed by the tcaesci. There also used to be dragons in Vvardenfell, but they were overun and are said to have moved nearer to Cyrodiil. Some legends say that dragons could shapeshift and this would be the only way for dragons to currently survive.

Ka Po' Tun is the "Tiger-Dragon's Empire". The cat-folk here are ruled by the divine Tosh Raka, the Tiger-Dragon. They are now a very great empire, stronger than Tsaesci (though not at sea). After the Serpent-Folk ate all the Men, they tried to eat all the Dragons. They managed to enslave the Red Dragons, but the black ones had fled to (then) Po Tun. A great war was raged, which left both the cats and the snakes weak, and the Dragons all dead. Since that time the cat-folk have tried to become the Dragons. Tosh Raka is the first to succeed. He is the largest Dragon in the world, orange and black, and he has very many new ideas from mysterious akavir, a book in Oblivion.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I remember reading somewhere on some other forum, someone asked why there werent any dragons in the elder scrolls series, and someone said Bethesda considered it simply not a part of the lore, and partially too cliche. So.... i was wondering why the heck there was a dragon statue just stucked in the middle of ebonheart. its like, "hmhmhm open morrowind... oh! theres a dragon in the background! hmhmhm... new game... nope, no dragons, wander round for a awhile... ooh! ebonheart! sounds fun! im going there! *arrives, giant dragon sticks his busy nose in your face* wtf?!"

you can get dragons in morrowind if you download a dragon mod

• 4 weeks later...
you can get dragons in morrowind if you download a dragon mod

That's irrelevant. This is Morrowind Lore, not MOD lore. Sure you can get it, but it won't be 'lore' friendly.

I remember reading somewhere that Dragons assisted the Imperials in ancient times. This act caused dragons to be sanctified, and sacred in Imperial standards. It was also said that Dragons had moved in around Cyrodiil, and that they lived in mountain areas. That leads me to believe that they are in the Jerall mountains.

I don't think they would have lived long in Morrowind anyways. The Cliffracers probably chased them off.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The reason there are none in Morrowind is because the Cliff Racers drove them off (Seriously, that's the lore)

which is even more reason to hate the things, but it's also why you see dragons in Imperial towns and as emblems,

as the dragons that survived would apparently barter for sanctuary in Cyrodiil.

But basically the Tsaesci and Cliff Racers killed them off.

• 3 months later...

akatosh isn't technically a dragon in the strict sense of elder scrolls dragons.

there was also an encounter with a red dragon in the game redguard.

note that never was it said that ALL dragons are extinct. it only says some people believe that the all the dragons are extinct. not exactly the same thing imo. also the dragons in Vvarndenfel were driven off by cliff racers. not killed, they didn't vanish like dwemer. they apparently buggered off to cyrodiil. but none were seen in the oblivion... they should be still alive, and bethesda could still make a surprise with a dragon in tes5. or not.

dragons are very likely still live somewhere in tamriel.

I thought dragons could disguise themselves an humans... or elves... or khajiit... or argonians... or orcs...

Anyway, they can disguise themselves to look normal, which is why you don't see them.