MORROWIND is still number 1 in my opinion

Deleted54170User

Anyone remember spending 8, 12, 16, 24, hours playing the game with breaks to go to the kitchen, wash up, take the children to school, etc and so on?

I certainly do, on more than one occasion I'd become so wrapped up in it I hadn't noticed that the room I was playing is was getting lighter, I'd started playing in the evening and played all night.

Is there in Morrowind as huge world as in Skyrim? And what about storyline? Is it similar?

I honestly don't know, it felt larger because you moved slower, you couldn't see very far ahead (fixed by mods now) and as stated there was no fast travel other than the in game transport options like ships ect. Even if it wasn't the sheer amount of content in the world more than made up for it, there was a huge variety of places to explore. And it was worth exploring, you didn't find just leveled loot, there were hand placed high level items that were there right from the start of the game, they were yours if you knew where they were and if you could get to them without dying. Unlike Skyrim you didn't just go charging into these places attacking everything in sight, try that at too lower level and you died, exploring these places was dangerous but the rewards could be well worth the risk.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember dying all the to Balmora ;), because I spent all the gold I got for armor and spells (spells I did not have a clue how to use yet). I got into the game with the feel as though I were a totally ignorant young man who had just got off the boat at the gate to wonderland. I was smitten by the game.

I remember after my first character being killed by a Mudkrab I started a new character. The poor fellow I had was dead and I found myself back at the beginning of the game so, it was logical to my old mind to start a new babe.

I was so "not familiar" with Video Games. I did not understand the Save function. I created several new characters until one survived the short hike to Tarhiel.

After finding Tarhiel as he fell from the sky I learned how to save the game. I wanted to keep that warm outfit and the sword he had on him. That sword made it so my chances were improved so I might defeat a rough bunch in a cave over near the Silt Strider ride in Seyda Neen.

I was so enticed after about 200 deaths and reloading from a last save, I decided to see if I could save him from that horrible fall to his death. And I did!

What's a hero to do if he can't save a fellow mage?

Pagafyr, dont stop at a cliffhanger, how did you save him and what did he sayed.

To those who have never played Morrowind note this that the biggest thing that set it apart from other ellder scrolls games is culture, you really feel like you are a adventurist in another country. oh and throwing stars.....cool weapon.

I used the spell which I could cast on another called, "Slow Fall".

I stepped right up under where I saw him falling and cast the Slow Fall spell in the nick of time. When I talked to him to find out what he had to say...He did not exactly have anything to say like, "Thank you".

I just started a new game. It will be quite awhile before I can afford a scroll of the Slow Fall spell. Check back in from time to time.

I will report anything he says when I save him this time around in game.

It is by far the most favorite elder scroll game in my opinion. If you play PC there are good mods that will make it look extremely beautiful, almost to the point of a new game feel. Now I have to go play some more.

P.S. On my Youtube I am doing a playthrough with the mods.