MORROWIND is still number 1 in my opinion

Deleted54170User

*O^O* Finishing a video game like Morrowind is like trying to stop a child from growing. I did not say trying to stop a child from maturing mentally. Morrowind has some story links that when I followed them I found real books which gave my mind a condition which drew me back to the game to learn more. :- ) Shoot em' ups don't offer much in that department. (0_-) Bang!

Is it just me or do any of you recall having learning experiences while playing the game which you got from reading the in game books and getting those informational tidbits as we leveled up?

You should thank Michael Kirkbride for most of the books in MW. Although IMO he's nuts, and a jerk when it comes to socializing with people. I just loved his insult posts about China Miéville, really hilarious.

Edited by Ihoe

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep Morrowind is probably my favorite Bethesda game. Story and characters and the whole setting were all much more interesting and exciting than in Oblivion and Skyrim. Both of those feel like a place I could go visit while Morrowind felt completely alien and unique. I still remember specific people from Morrowind and I can't really think of as many for Skyrim or Oblivion if that says anything about their characters. I like the combat in Morrowind and Skyrim. I don't really have a preference as both feel entirely different to me. I need to play through Morrowind again. Skyrim and Oblivion both only got one entire playthrough of the main quest from me while Morrowind has a had maybe nine or so. I'm kind of excited for the Dragonborn DLC just to be able to go see some of the Morrowind-y things again. I'm also 'interested' in TESO, but I'm not really sure I would buy it.

Don't forget about the Silt striders. Skyrim just had wagons.

Silt Striders, Gondolas, Mages Teleport, Mark and Recall, Divine/Almsivi Intervention, Propylon Chambers, Ships. Better than Skyrims silly Wagons. :-D

http://i.imgur.com/Z5C0Ty8.png

Ah those are the good times. I still have Morrowind on my old gaming machine and it is a gem. Of course I have over a 1000 mods some full rebuild's with different game plots.

I remember my first day of levitation. It was so much fun to get up as high as one of those Cliffracers and smack them back down to the ground. It was a real shock too that I forget I had to have more than one bottle of levitation potion. Whoops! (note to self while falling from the sky: Remember to stock up on more levitation potions)l

Levitation was always a bit risky at lower levels, many a time I'd be up really high and the spell would wear off, the panic while trying and failing to cast levitation before hitting the ground is something I'll always remember.

I remember panicking. Why oh why I seemed so sure the fall was going to hurt?

Did any of you try to use levitation for the journey on the Vow of Silence quest?

Yep. :P I used the Shrine to Stop the Moon for increased speed. ;D