MORROWIND is still number 1 in my opinion

Deleted54170User

http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/hurr.gif

AurianaValoria1 I remember making the trek to all those shrines to get all the boosts for a day too.

Especially the first one I remember best. That one in the fields of Kummu I led a woman to so she could make the pilgrmage to it.

I remember I got killed by some Mudkrabs trying to get some Muck to give to it. It was one of those times I forgot to Save and had to walk her all the way there again. It added Feather 100 pts for 48 min. http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/laugh.gif

I took the vow of silence to perform the pilgrimage to the Sanctus Shrine, west of Dagon Fel. I was a real noob the first time I took the quest and tried to walk to it. I did not even get to Seyda Neen.

I think I got stopped the first attempt when that rogue along the road to Pelagiad tried to persuade me to give him gold to insure my safety along the path.

Later I found out he taught a skill at the Inn at Pelagiad. http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/cool.gif

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to hate leading anyone anywhere, followers always used to bug out in my game, they'd suddenly just run off in a random direction never to be seen again. I can't remember if it was a mod or a game quest, I had to lead a Guar to Vivec, just outside Vivec he freaked out, swam up a nearby river and vanished.

I remember the guy who I had to point at his feet because if I tried to click on him I got his Guar in a conversation. They always slowed me way down if we wanted to get them to security. That time it was a bunch of clothes to be delivered in Vivec.

Levitate:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLmLY0Dbp_Q&feature=share&list=AL94UKMTqg-9A5QW8NztiDQWgJU_WN7TT8

I played only Skyrim and Oblivion - but i think Skyrim is just the best. I didn't play better game

I am sorry you never got to play MORROWIND. There are enough little things that would change your mind and the greater ones that the Authors of Skyrim and Oblivion copied and pasted into Skyrim and Oblivion would be clear to you as well.

I for one remember the first time I stumbled upon Vivec Foreign Quarter. It was a very dark and stormy night (and in fact the first time I ever really travelled at night. I always used to just sleep until morning so I could always be in day light. That's right, I was afraid of traveling at night. In a game. No other game does that for me :D ) and I was just travelling around that cave that you hit early in the main quest and I just sort of wandered off. Ended up right in front of the Foreign Quarter, and when it finally came in view out of the fog, my jaw literally dropped. The feeling was like seeing the Empire State Building or the Eiffel Tower for the first time at their bases (which I've also done in real life).

Absolutely awe-inspiring. That was Morrowind for me, in a time when the most graphically pleasing game I had ever seen up to that point was Halo CE.

I have found that I can not reason with myself enough to remove MORROWIND from my life. I have it on computer I keep in pristine shape just for Morrowind. If I ever gave it up or lost the disks of Tribunal and Bloodmoon I would be the saddest old child around.

Morrowind is the first of it kind, it is the one, not hundreds, not thousand's, MILLION's of people spent a life time sacrificing their time and making a home of the game. I remember. Wait!

Anyone remember spending 8, 12, 16, 24, hours playing the game with breaks to go to the kitchen, wash up, take the children to school, etc and so on?

I remember we had a post running with people telling how they were so into modding it they had to find time for their real life.

I have several of the original mods which are an entire Castle and all the yards of a Real Castle made into a MORROWIND mod. I roamed about looking at it will real awe!

Is Morrowing as Big a land mass. It wasn't the land mass that made MORROWIND all so great, it was the fact you could walk anywhere, swim where ever their was water for as long as you wanted too. I spent a day pearl diving. I swam from the western shore until I thought I was going around in circles and found myself at the Eastern shore. Because I swam all the way in a straight line I found out it was a globe.

If Bethesda used the model for MORROWIND in the other games it would be just like the Earth and there wouldn't be a place you could not climb if you had a mind to. Or swim to either.

Storyline? There are people who wrote so much fan fiction creating their own mod life it made Seyda Neen, A little shipping port seem like a metropolis in our minds'. Morrowind inspires thinking, Creativity and freindships that eventually realized they were from every where on the Planet Earth.

MORROWIND Is the Grand Central Station of gaming Imagination reaching its peak and Bethesda was smart not to take to many steps away from its theme so the young and old who played iti have a book marker where they can carry on with their own young into the next game story and see so many of the wonders that lights up the memories their parents have of the game.

How I wonder? How many parents have had their children grow up with MORROWIND,,,OBLIVION...Fallout 3...Skyrim.

I am promoting MORROWIND.

Play it! It is a chance to go back in time and see what has brought todays video game's to life. i am not saying MORROWIND is the only one responsible, I'm just saying I found it and it brought a new world into the picture and filled my imagination.

I don't care if the new MMO can hold a candle to MORROWIND.