How do I remove the ground?

Hello, I asked in the Skyrim Forums and thought that I would ask here as well. I had an idea for a mod, but in order to build it I need to remove parts of the ground... as in the ground mesh itself from an exterior world cell. How do I do that? Can it actually be done. The creation kit won't let me just delete it.

Like remove the meshes so the cell leads to "the void"?

Not sure what the consequences are, but you could try:

In the Cell window, right click on the cell and choose Edit.

In the Common Data tab find the Force Hide Land section.

Select which quads that should be visible or not.

Click apply.

I think this will hide (not permanently delete) the cell meshes and all the children.

I guess it is possible to move all the vertices below the water level too.

Again, I am not sure about unwanted side effects. Test it out in a throw away world space first.

Well... ok... I had this idea for a Soul Cairn Mod that I thought up a while back. The idea was to convert it to a sort of vertical floating island map, but in order to do that I would need to design the floating island things, or figure out away to repurpose the existing map without large chunks of the ground. This just sort of moved it along into that direction where I could use the existing worldcell and just remove the ground to get the desired result. Originally, I asked how to do this in the Skyrim Forums, but didn't get a response because Skyrim is kinda old, and so I asked here and got a response because Fallout 4 is kinda new, or at least new in comparison to Skyrim.