Mods that are supposed to be enabled just dont work

LOLUser434

Hello, I am new to using Vortex and I just can't understand how to operate it, that or I have a strange bug.

I am trying to install any mod (it doesnt matter which, nothing works) and Vortex says it works and enabled but the mods dont work in game (by pressing their hotkeys of something).

I really am lost on this, will be happy to get help

You need to

1. Install

2. Enable

3. Deploy

Did you deploy?

Forgot to mention in my post, but yes I did deploy.

Well, I have no idea what game you're trying to mod, or what mods, you're using, so I'm going to have to guess...

Make sure your Mod Staging Folder is on the same drive as your game is.

Go to SETTINGS------->Mods and if it's a bethesda game, make sure the Deploy Method is set to HARDLINK DEPLOYMENT.

Also, if it's a Bethesda game, go to EXTENSIONS, and make sure these Extensions are enabled

Gamebryo Archive Invalidation
​Gamebryo Ba2 Support
​Gamebryo Bsa Support
​Gamebryo Plugin Indexlock
​Gamebryo Plugin Management
​Gamebryo Savegame Management
​Gamebryo Test Settings

I found i was having this issue as well since the last update or so, the thing that worked for me was going to the plug in list and hitting the "sort now" option. Double check if your auto sort is enabled or not. If it's disabled you'll simply have to make sure to manually sort your plugins every time you mess with mods or if your game says a plugin is missing or just click it back to auto sort if you don't want that hassle.

You need to

1. Install

2. Enable

3. Deploy

Did you deploy?

Forgot to mention in my post, but yes I did deploy.

Well, I have no idea what game you're trying to mod, or what mods, you're using, so I'm going to have to guess...

Make sure your Mod Staging Folder is on the same drive as your game is.

Go to SETTINGS------->Mods and if it's a bethesda game, make sure the Deploy Method is set to HARDLINK DEPLOYMENT.

Also, if it's a Bethesda game, go to EXTENSIONS, and make sure these Extensions are enabled

Gamebryo Archive Invalidation
​Gamebryo Ba2 Support
​Gamebryo Bsa Support
​Gamebryo Plugin Indexlock
​Gamebryo Plugin Management
​Gamebryo Savegame Management
​Gamebryo Test Settings

Yeah another thing I forgot to mention, I am trying to use it on Red Dead Redemption 2 (from Steam), it says it's a beta for this game so maybe there's nothing I can do, but I tried both methods and it still didn't work.

I found i was having this issue as well since the last update or so, the thing that worked for me was going to the plug in list and hitting the "sort now" option. Double check if your auto sort is enabled or not. If it's disabled you'll simply have to make sure to manually sort your plugins every time you mess with mods or if your game says a plugin is missing or just click it back to auto sort if you don't want that hassle.

I saw that others in YT videos for tutorials have the plugins tab but only thing I have is, mods, maybe I'm missing a step here