Does anyone still play Oblivion?

Lehcar

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't use Skyrim. It's has some serious DRM Malware. I'll wait until it comes out on GOG or becomes drm-free, patch or no patch.

I'v played it through 7 times, most of the quests. I'm playing through on major mod quests, like Reclaming Sanc Tor. I'm still having fun. :)

I even wrote my own mod.

Yes, I'm playing Oblivion. I have a Soqui character I'm starting to warm to. (If you haven't, take a look at the Soqui race.) It's true- this is the most colorful title in the series.

You haven't quite experienced the wilderness feeling until you've travelled that unmarked road leading from Chorrol to Bruma through the high Jeralls.

Funnily enough, I'm on that very road right now...

Edited by Tigersong

Skyrim is fine if you can block out the nord racists.

Oblivion is Oblivion. A totally different experience from Skyrim. When you tire of snow and draugr then it's time for Oblivion or Morrowind.

But I hate Daggerfall. Not recommended unless you are THAT good at roleplaying with a tedious name, town, and dungeon generator.

don't have money for skyrim and from what i read not worth its price tag i still play oblivion and am working on a mod as we speak for werewolf lover's of oblivion (Mage Type Usable to) that offers a more natural living environment, i been away for awhile but picked it up after getting sick and tired of crashing in fallout new vegas 24 times per hour spent, i would try skyrim but only when they finish it and drop the price down (tho i understand they need to break even on its making and devs need to eat) till then oblivion is my home away from reality haha ..

and on a side note will work on updating my old mod vampires lair with some suggested changes lol been away far to long!

Edited by DivineHeresy

• 3 weeks later...

I choose Oblivion when playing video games over Skyrim MOST of the time. Oblivion has a large world that is filled with crazy things. You have to figure out how to kill things like Ghosts and Trolls. You can't just run up and smash them. Ghosts are can only be killed by silver, daedric weapons or magic. Also in Oblivion you need to use magic to some extent. In Skyrim, you can get away with not using magic and you can't specialize in only magic because your health doesn't increase with every level up.

In Short:
Things I miss from Oblivion that Skyrim Needs

• Mobile alchemy
  • Good writing
  • Guilds
  • Large Towns
  • Having to make strategies
  • Spellcraft
  • Having to use magic
  • Having your Health and Magicka increase at each level. This would make leveling seem like growth rather than sacrificing one thing for another. This is why I wish Skyrim kept the SPECIAL like system that Oblivion had.

Things that I wish Oblivion had:

• Having the alchemy work the same as it does in Skyrim.
  • Dual wield magic/weapons. This would be great because it would be easier to specialize in Oblivion than in Skyrim.
Edited by trob1000

I've gone back to Oblivion after taking about 4 months off for Skyrim. It's the quest mods on Oblivion that really make the game for me. Some of the best are the ones that come after finishing the vanilla mainline quest. I'll probably do Skyrim again when it has had another year or so of mods added.

I have Skyrim, but I srill play and mod Oblivion. My modding is on hold until my first cataract surgery is done. I find Oblivion to ne a very stable gamem and a jpy tp play. I use Oblivion XP mod. Bethesda's games are console ported to the PC,

I still play it. In fact, I just came back to it after a break of about two years. There are still so many decent mods I haven't played, and there's a lot of vanilla content I don't mind repeating. I've seen Skyrim, but for some reason, just haven't felt drawn to it. Plus, I play OB on my PC, which wouldn't have the hardware for Skyrim, and I don't like console versions of these games due to lack of user-mod access.