Siding with the Thalmor

Lehcar

To side with the Thalmor, all you really need to do is the 'bad' side of things.

Y'know, side with the Battleborn clan in Whiterun, let the Thalmor squads do their work, desecrate Talos altars, kill Hemiskr in Whiterun.....That sort of thing.

Killing Heimskr is a public service for the good of all.... Seriously, he calls Talos the king of the gods. Thats probably the attitude that pissed off the Thalmor the most.

No not really, its because hes really realllly annoying.

To side with the Thalmor, all you really need to do is the 'bad' side of things.

Y'know, side with the Battleborn clan in Whiterun, let the Thalmor squads do their work, desecrate Talos altars, kill Hemiskr in Whiterun.....That sort of thing.

Killing Heimskr is a public service for the good of all.... Seriously, he calls Talos the king of the gods. Thats probably the attitude that pissed off the Thalmor the most.

No not really, its because hes really realllly annoying.

The man never bothered me. He's a man standing up for what he believes in an unjust time, it's actually kind of inspirational.

Don't get me wrong, I screw with him a little, but I'd never kill him.

Actually, there is at least one quest in Markath where you can side with them. They ask you to find proof that some guy has a shrine and that would be enough for them to take him out "legally".

As far as myself is concerned, whenever I play, I tend to see the Thalmor (except if I'm playing an Altmer) as religious fanatics that should be elliminated (as any other kind of religious fanatic), the Stormcloaks (except when I play a Nord) as racist fanatics that should be elliminated (as any other racist fanatic), and the Empire as cowardly usurpers (except when I play Empire) that should be elliminated (this ones just for the fun of it, but with a bit of sense of equilibrium...). :)

I don't like any of the factions...... Stormcloaks, Empire, Thalmor...... The empire wanted to execute me for simply being in the wrong place. The thalmor send assassins after me, and I don't even know why. The stormcloaks are racist thugs, that want skyrim just for the nords. Their behavior in Windhelm is atrocious. Screw 'em all. If I see a thalmor patrol, I make it a point to go and kill them. Ruddy idiots hiring the DB to kill, and sending assorted thugs after me, when I haven't done ANYTHING to justify really grinds my gears. :)

It's not that I like the Thalmor very much actually quite the opposite. However if you really want to play for the Thalmor I have an idea.

Take an altmer or a bosmer (or a khajit or any other character.) He/she will be an agent of the Thalmor. His task is to:

1. Make as much chaos in Skyrim as possible - help crime like thieves guild, DB

2. Help Stormcloaks win -> The Empire will dissolve

3. Observe and report. Write reports about Jarls, their views, report about cities and defenses, the mood in Skyrim.

If you blog it make the posts like Reports to Elenwen the only person in Skyrim who knows who you really are.

It's not that I like the Thalmor very much actually quite the opposite. However if you really want to play for the Thalmor I have an idea.

Take an altmer or a bosmer (or a khajit or any other character.) He/she will be an agent of the Thalmor. His task is to:

1. Make as much chaos in Skyrim as possible - help crime like thieves guild, DB

2. Help Stormcloaks win -> The Empire will dissolve

3. Observe and report. Write reports about Jarls, their views, report about cities and defenses, the mood in Skyrim.

If you blog it make the posts like Reports to Elenwen the only person in Skyrim who knows who you really are.

The Thalmor do not want either side to win the war. They want it to drag on so as to weaken both sides and make Skyrim very easy to conquer.

Edited by The7Sins

Talos is the reason that Cyrodiil in Oblivion was all boring forest.

It was once Jungle, but then Talos said "nope" and it became forest.

True story.

I hate the Thalmor with a passion, but I like to imagine they've all played Oblivion and also didn't like all the generic forest.