The Video Game Industry's Monetisation of Mods discussion

youg3

And I know not, nor care about your support for whatever company. I merely was pointing out that there are always those who will defend particular companies to the bitter end to save face for personal gain or to make themselves feel better about their investment..

Not necessarily you. I try not to present things in absolute terms since there are always exceptions.

Ah, yes, someone rather high profile in this community immediately springs to mind.

You've been a good sport. :cool:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I don't think Fallout 76 has much consequence to the modding community, considering how beth is treating mods for the game. But then, the game was a disaster from the get go. Even worse than usual for beth. 76 was a money grab, pure and simple. My guess is, it worked, but, not nearly so well as beth hoped.

Fallout 76 couldn't have been all that bad, otherwise they wouldn't still be supporting it. They wouldn't still be adding new content, or bug fixing (and bug implementing) They would have gone down the same route as Anthem or Andromeda.

It's till a "Bugthesda" game and I think they screwed up royally trying to shoehorn a multiplayer component onto the tired old game engine, but my guess is that the PUBLISHER Bethesda forced their hands in an attempt to "cash-in" on the lucrative online market.

I think perhaps some at the game studio Bethesda, are actually hoping that the game will crumble, so that they can get back to bringing out "new" content instead of flogging poor old Dobbin. But whilever the ones writing the checks keep pushing it, what choice do they have? I think that's why there hasn't been much talk about implementing mods for '76 as they really don't want to give it any more "air". Let's face it, Skyrim wouldn't still be a thing if it wasn't for modding, and my guess is that they do NOT want the same thing to happen to '76, not even a little bit.

• 1 month later...