Req. Conventional Weapons

SecondxPlace

No love for bullpups, eh? Guess they really would be 'impossible' 'til folks get around the animation thingy.

How about belt-feeding the existing big guns? I kinda found it quite weird that you'd have to 'reload' your minigun, when you have that big backpack thingy. Same for the flamer.

My gun request? Just an MG-3/MG-42 :whistling:

Armor request? Still waiting for that Jin-roh protect gear (and variants) to pick up...

I personally wish I could model stuff, but I can't even remember the shortcuts for blender (haven't gotten past the 'basic human' tutorial :down: )

A man who wouldn't buy a Mateba Unica 6 to shoot, but thinks they look pretty nifty regardless, and didn't know they were in cartoons till you told him.

OT:

Heh. I didn't know it was a real gun 'til I googled it after reading this thread. I'm not really fond of revolvers (only fired a couple of .38s and our .357 mag), as I prefer the 'newfangled' polymer stuff (I want my own Glock. i'm not too fond of our HS-2000's 'safety' features, that and I was told that the ones sold in the US, the XD, was 'better' quality-wise *shrugs*).

Still the Mateba looks interesting...tho' I doubt I'll be able to try that out here anytime soon. :dry:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the Unica 6 was innovative, however innovation costs a buttload of cash, and in its case, it was not reinventing the wheel (gun). for those who are not aware, Mateba went bottom up in the 90's, my guess would be due to lack of sale/interest.

i however, am a big fan of innovative thinking, along with pistols common and rare/obscure. the Unica 6 was kinda like pure gunpron in my eyes.

People need to stop complaining about modern weapons in Fallout 3. Take a look at the Fallout 2 weapon list http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_2_weapons There was a P90 and a G11 for crying out loud, even an XL70. I say no red dot sights, but beyond that go nuts. Laser sites seem fine to me, I mean, they already have laser weapons, clearly lasers aren't a concern. Any conventional weapon fits just fine in Fallout, especially as unique items. I do agree they should look at least somewhat worn though.

Also, a double barrel shotgun is already in the game, why was that listed as impossible? The reload and firing animations are chosen separately, you could have a rifle that used a revolver cylinder if you wanted. A P90 could use the Plasma Pistol reload animation, it'd be good enough. And why no Thompson? Clearly you couldn't have a drum magazine, but why not with the box? The only impossible ones are the ones with the magazine in an odd place, meaning bullpups or guns with it sticking out the side.

Let me get this straight..some people are actually complaining that others want modern weapons in the game? Thats the most asinine thing I've ever heard. The game does not take place in the 50's, the bombs did not fall in the 50's. The universe of Fallout takes place in the future. The only reaason it has that 50's retro feel is because the future in the game is the future envisioned by people during the atomic age just following WWII. Modern civilzation didn't end until 2077. The look and feel of the game is strictly based upon the art-deco styling and optimistic visions of a future where everything ran on its own tiny nuclear reactor. It has nothing to do with the actual 1950's. Therefore, ANYTHING tecnically fits the canon of the game due to it being a fictional work that uses a past era's vision of the future as its basis. Make your guns people, no one can say they're wrong. The history that leads up to Fallout 3 is entirely up to you and is only limited by your imagination. The game conforms to no one specific era. I mean come on, there's even an entire ruin based on the fiction of H.P. Lovecraft. All that being said, Anyone remember the Bozar from Fallout 2?! Man I loved that thing. Oh, and would someone please modify the game so I can steal the perfect miniature Chrysulus in Tenpenny's Suite. I want that in my house damnit! And whatever happened to the timed explosives from the previous Fallouts for assassinating via pickpocketing. That was my favorite thing to do. Sorry, I'm rambling........If someone made a MaTeBa Model 6 Unica Autorevolver I'd love you forever. The MTR-8 is neat too but probably isn't possible...yet.

unless its Ash's Remington double barrel :thumbsup:

S-Mart's top-of-the-line. You can find that in the Sporting Goods department. That's right, that sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel... and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. Y'GOTTHAT!?

EDIT: Oh, and M203s would not be useless - alternate ammo types/firing modes are possible, and the method could be used to implement a fully functional underbarrel grenade launcher or Masterkey

EDIT: Oh, and M203s would not be useless - alternate ammo types/firing modes are possible, and the method could be used to implement a fully functional underbarrel grenade launcher or Masterkey

Really? That's pretty good news.

Repeaters, hunting rifle out repeaters in. Im sure once we're familiar to modding this game, it would be possible to fix the animation. And i also saw this mentioned here M1911's, i heard the early models had no beaver tails, minor detail.

Let me remind you though that when making firearm mods, make them look old not rusted, rusted firearms are unreliable and very dangerous to use. Actually if you check out weapon Mods from Stalker, the weathering on those are right on the money, not too old but certainly not new.

Archived