I deleted the Creation Kit

gamefever

I just can't believe IT!

I just lost a bunch of mashups I made that I didn't have back ups of,

I just wanted to reinstall the creation kit but no and since I did a fresh install of the whole game since this morning it's all gone

Thanks for Brnady,

It was around 3am when I posted this,

My post should have gone more like this.

Warning when your trying to install the creation kit with Steam.

It may say it's already there, but in my case I had deleted the Skyrim and reinstalled with a bunch of mods, fresh install it's been a long while.

So figureing heck I'll just right click on the creation kit in Steam and say delete local content. It proceded to delete the entire Fresh Skyrim Install.

-I tried a Restore from the Recycle bin BUT my former install was in the nieborhood of 33Gigs and I hadn't properly emptied it.

So I had a bewildering 33 plus gigs of Skyrim reinstalled to the directory with doubles and triplicates everywhere. I couldn't figure out what was what, I searched for the Mashups I made personel use stuff made of bits I've found all over the place but no they might've been written over for all I know.

-I just wanted to make a quick change of the headcharteristics.tri file in the CS so my next character would have the longer ears I downloaded, rather than the tiny elf ears.

-I should have right clicked and selected properties verify cache but like I said it was 3AM.

-Of course when the Construction Set is in your Skyrim install it delete's properly without removeing anything else from SKyrim :wallbash:

I just Deleted the Creation Kit aswell, when i realized the thing Deleted my Entire Game aswell, but when i try to Re-Install the Game, i get this Error from Steam.

"An error occured while installing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (missing app configuration)

How do i fix this so i can Install my Game

It's a recent issue, likely caused by one of Valve's unwelcome client updates.

Bethesda knows about it and last they said they're investigating the issue.