[LE] Lights in dungeon rooms only show once near entrance to rooms

sornan

Hello :smile:

I'm not sure if this is an issue, or just the way the game is -

When I go down tunnels towards a room in my dungeon (when the door is open to the room), the various lighting effects from the lights in the room do not show up until my character is practically at the entrance to the room, then they fade in.

Now I did do the bound rooms and portals, and everything seems like works like it should there, and of course if there was an error I would expect the entire room would not show from a distance, not just the lighting effects.

I also tried adjusting settings in game, lighting, specularity (think it was something like that), nothing changed it.

Any input or advice would be appreciated.

Edited by sornan

Hi greyday01

DefaultTorch01NS_SuperFast is the one I'm using, ironically the tutorial instructs one to use the DefaultTorch01NS series of lights. They don't appear to have the portal strict option, but I did find the answer through web search.

The 'Never Fades' option switched on forces the light to stay on, and not fade out at x distance.

Here is the topic, guy had the same issue:

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SkyrimCKPublic/discussions/0/558749825036348132/

He also indicated later on in his mod project that he eventually just switched to using lights that had high use counts in the listings, and they actually work fine without having to mess with the 'never fade' option.

So, I guess some sort of bug or something with less used lights, but I probably will just do the same and switch my lights to more commonly used lights in the game.

Edited by sornan

Update:

Well, topic solved, but I need to put down some final results here.

I tried the highest count lights, and found the same issue happening with the 'Never Fades' option switched off.

So, I am going back to just turning on 'Never Fades' option for various NS lights that are important to showing the lighting of a room from a distance in my dungeon. I have no idea how this affects things in exteriors, hopefully the workaround is not needed, and if it is, hopefully it does still allow proper fading once the area the light is in is no longer visible.

/Edit

Just randomly checked on a light source in a vanilla dungeon (DefaultTorch01NS), and found.. the 'Never Fades' option was indeed checked. So, this option was used in the vanilla content.

Edited by sornan