New Site set-up/look locked up my Notifications box

anubispriest

I wanted to note this just because I searched for it and didn't come up successful.

When I was "on" the Elder Scrolls Nexus sites but not a Premium Member I would load the site(s), check the little Notifications box (I didn't sign up for e-mail, I just check the site often), and then move on to popular mods, searching for mods, and so on. Then when I decided after years of being on here I would finally sign up as a Premium Member, and all went the same as it did before.

Then when the Skyrim Nexus site, the one I check most often, got a new layout something went... wonky. :unsure:

I would load the site, check the little Notifications box and if there was something I would click on it: mostly just to clear the little number beside the icon. However, now I can't move the Notifications box that pops up like I used to, and there is no "close x" in the corner anymore. I have to re-load the browser to get it to go away, which in turn clears the little number beside the icon. Funny thing is, if I click on anything Nexus linked (as in a mod, picture, article or what ever) and THEN go click on the Notifications box I have no problems.

I have added screen shots: a main page screen cropped and a "any other nexus page" screen cropped. I am using Windows Explorer 9 and 64bit Windows Vista if that matters: knowing Microsoft that might be it. :biggrin:

It is a dumb little thing, and I generally just go directly to popular mods, searching for mods, and so on... and then check Notifications last.

Again, I'm not too concerned: I just didn't know if the site peoples knew. :huh:

If you click off the notification, but not on a link (so anywhere on the page that isn't in the notification box, and isn't a link) does the box go away? It does for me in IE9.

It looks like on the main page the close button for the notification gets lost behind the hotfiles image, that's why the close button is missing, but you don't actually need the close button to close the box. The ESC key also works for me.

If you click off the notification, but not on a link (so anywhere on the page that isn't in the notification box, and isn't a link) does the box go away? It does for me in IE9.

It looks like on the main page the close button for the notification gets lost behind the hotfiles image, that's why the close button is missing, but you don't actually need the close button to close the box. The ESC key also works for me.

I didn't expect a reply, but thank you kind sir! :thumbsup:

Yes, the click method works and so does the ESC key.

I notice if I move the window around so that the close button doesn't land on the hotfiles... header? marquee? changing image thingie? it will appear. Only when the close button is in this space it disappears.

Again, thanks: at least the Q&A is on record for someone else to search for. :biggrin: