Great trick to pick up about 10-20 FPS

Jason2112

Remove the shadows from the game all together.

Basically what you do is set all the Shadow Resolution inputs to 128

and every other "shadow" setting to 0. [All of them] in both

the Skyrim.ini and SkrimPref.ini for it to work right.

Even removes that fire shadow blur. Should pick you up

about 10-20 FPS and improves movement dramatically.

Use the notepad and search for the word "shadow".

I made a post about this but from the looks of the views not many seen it.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/28181

I've been playing Skyrim like this from the start and have never had a problem with it.

I do this to most every game I own and they all run better afterwards. Way better!

This one trick alone is worth everything you have tried to smooth Skyrim out too.

Add ATTK to this and you have a brand new Skyrim.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27959

Edited by Jason2112

i think shadows are pointless in a game unless they are on high or ultra, they look terrible and all jagged and look out of place. I don't see why developers don't allow for shadows to be turned off completely, surely its up to the player to decide how they want there game to look and how much FPS they want.

I admit, my PC is ancient, but i could play GTA4 fine with shadows off but always had a stutter when they were on!

Another great trick to get FPS is to open your Task Manager and click the Process tab. Highlight and delete the entry steam.exe. It will disconnect you from their leachy tendrils, allow you to play with out being forced to shut down at their whim during your game play, and net you up to 12 fps in game. (maybe more if you are on a lower end game)

Do it while the loader window is still not full screen. Several months back they trapped your mouse to prevent this. But it still works. They don't want you do be disconnected from the collective. They are borg.

Another great trick to get FPS is to open your Task Manager and click the Process tab. Highlight and delete the entry steam.exe. It will disconnect you from their leachy tendrils, allow you to play with out being forced to shut down at their whim during your game play, and net you up to 12 fps in game. (maybe more if you are on a lower end game)

Do it while the loader window is still not full screen. Several months back they trapped your mouse to prevent this. But it still works. They don't want you do be disconnected from the collective. They are borg.

Or someone should write a program to handle all that for you. Hint ... ATTK