[WIP] New Vegas Bounties Update

Guest deleted2159825

I suppose what I was trying to get at is that since The Inheritance is more neutral a wider variety of characters could run through it than Bounties. It's not the pro-NCR leanings (something I don't have a problem with at all) it's just that myself and no doubt others RP a wide variety of characters and not all of them are bounty hunter-types so we don't have Bounties installed when playing those.

With The Inheritance being more neutral a wider variety of characters shouldn't have a problem RP-wise running through The Inheritance. If Bounties I suddenly became a requirement that would hurt the RP of certain characters since now they're forced to be a bounty-hunter to get through Bounties I to kick of The Inheritance where it's not a requirement to be one for that mod I assume.

Sure some people out there may not care for RP but I think a lot more of us do care for RP to an extent. Keeping The Inheritance stand-alone would keep the mod open to more mod-users out there than Bounties. If The Inheritance is going to need Bounties now then that open-ness will go away. I think for the most part people will be using all or most of your mods in conjuction but some out there may not want to run through Bounties (for RP reasons or just a shorter game) but they want to run The Inheritance. If Bounties I is suddenly required than that choice disappears.

You may not want to deal with two files but you could have one .esp that keeps The Inheritance stand-alone and another .esp that has the requirement of Bounties I to be completed added in. It should just be a few variables that would have to be changed between the two, keep both sides of camp happy so to speak.

P.S. Not trying to say that Bounties is bad or anything, I think your mods are awesome and I'm looking forward to your coming and planned ones.

Edited by ghostnull

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted2159825

@ghostnull,

Good points all around. I had also considered kicking off The Inheritance at level 10-15, as much of the content and dialogue references the burgeoning fame of "The Courier". Furthermore, once I get around to releasing Firebase Zulu, I'll be dumping a litany of obligatory quests on the player when they start the game. Tethering the introductory quests to level requirements would be reasonable, especially considering the advanced difficulty inherent in The Inheritance and Firebase Zulu (FBZ would start at level 20). NVBI would have no level requirements, though.

Guest deleted2159825

Done. The Inheritance is now scripted to begin at level 10 (will be reflected in the next update), and FBZ kicks off at level 20.

Edit: I just realized that I posted an update for Russell in the NVB thread. Moving it now... :P

Edited by someguy2000

Guest deleted2159825

By the way, there are still two open roles if anyone is interested - otherwise you must suffer performances by the author himself! :pinch:

(Yes, my new mic makes the quality much better, but my range is rather narrow).

By the way, there are still two open roles if anyone is interested - otherwise you must suffer performances by the author himself! :pinch:

(Yes, my new mic makes the quality much better, but my range is rather narrow).

Since you did a fine job with Randall, why not? :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest deleted2159825

Even though I've invested most of my recent modding mojo in Russell, I'm still tinkering with this expansion, especially now that the VO is starting to roll in (thank you, voice actors!).

However, the concept of infinite/radiant bounties is becoming a very real possibility, but I'm still a little torn on the matter. Part of what makes Bounties is the named, individualized targets that make the player more invested in the experience. I certainly won't rule out more bounties along those lines (I've made plans for them, in fact), but this would be something different. I have already implemented a low-reward, generic system for respawning NPC's, but these would be higher-level, becoming available 48-72 hours after the last one was turned in. The targets would largely be unnamed (but not all of them).

All those in favor, say "Aye".

All those opposed, say "Nay".

There's a poll over at the Bethsoft forums.

Edited by someguy2000

can't be bothered joining bethsoft forums, so I'll just say that my vote for more elaborate material [barring anything that generates bugs] is always an

!Aye!!!!

personally, i would find myself more invested in a job if there were a grudge basis; when legion assassins come after me, I tend to revisit fort hill and kick ass all over again. god, it's so much fun to hate on Romans. [respectively; NCR = Mccarran/Hoover]

one of the most enjoyable features in bounties is finding notes in enemy inventories detailing gang hideouts