[WIP] New Vegas Bounties Update

Guest deleted2159825

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so im thowing it out there, still getting a crash + corrupted save after the SPOILER

quest that leads you to the shack with the defected ncr ranger, and hes not in the shack but finds you when you leave.

yeah. when i kill him im fine. but some place between entering the randall cell, accepting the reward, and accepting the next quest im getting the ctd and corrupted save. it even does it on a 99% vanilla playthrough where this is the only mod im using.....but i havent seen anyone else with this issue....

Guest deleted2159825

Im a nay unless the perk lists get updated too (especially Shotgun Surgeon and Cowboy perk weapons) - then change my vote to a yep, lol :wink:

Already done - it will be reflected in the patch.

Guest deleted2159825

After several hours of work, I've managed to put together a functioning test run. Simply, it works, but there are drawbacks:

- Spawning the actors using "placeatme" means the player's quest marker will focus on the vicinity of the target, but not the target itself (this is mitigated by the NPC's ai package). This could create problems. I am considering a timer on these quests in case the NPC goes AWOL. I'm hoping players will be able to distinguish the targeted NPC by their unique title (many targets spawn with lackeys in close proximity).
- The quest becomes available very 72 hours (upon completion, of course)
- Currently, there are 26 archetypes that will serve as targets:

1 = Fiend Warlord
2 = NCR Deserter
3 = Viper Warlord
4 = Jackal Chieftain ;sorry, the Jackals don't rate a Warlord :(
5 = Scorpions Chieftain
6 = Caravan Robber
7 = Chem smuggler
8 = Hobo Rabble-Rouser
9 = Khan Radical
10 = Militant Ghoul Instigator
11 = Beastmaster (With dogs)
12 = Powder Ganger Ringleader
13 = Crazed BoS Paladin
14 = Human Hunter (Cannibal)
15 = Outlaw Supermutant
16 = Outlaw Nightkin
17 = Mad Bomber
18 = Mad Scientist (with robots)
19 = Freeside Thug Ringleader
20 = Slaver (with fellow slavers and captured slaves)
21 = Outlaw Leader ;
22 = Arsonist
23 = Abusive Pimp
24 = Brahmin Rustler (with Mad Brahmin!)
25 = Rogue Mercenary
26 = Chem Dealer

That list is subject to change - some of the archetypes are a bit zany.

As for the number of spawn points, it varies. Outlaws will have 90+ possible spawn points (no bullshit), with randomized and unique elements depending on the location, e.g., some npc's will run ambush packages near roads). Fiends have ~38, Powder Gangers and supermutants have 14 (they do not share spawn points), while the poor Scorpions have one spawn point. Some spawn points are versatile, while others are unique to certain factions. Most of the targets will have 30+ spawn points.

The spawns would be weighted, of course - you're much more likely to draw a Fiend, Viper, or Powder Ganger than an abusive pimp or mad scientist.

I'm going to test it this weekend, continue reviewing player feedback on the forums, then make a decision. It's relatively easy to add/remove, thought the sheer amount of data entry in the initial setup can be staggering. But it works. :smile:

Also, feel free to throw npc archetype suggestions my way. I can even script in some Wild Wasteland stuff if you'd like.

Thanks for all the feedback and thoughtful commentary. Please continue with the Yeas and Nays!

Edited by someguy2000

Will all the randomized bounties be simple "Kill this person and take his/her finger" quests or will there be additional manners of dealing with them depending on the situation? I'd image enemies like the Abusive Pimps, Chem Dealers and Hobo Rabble-Rousers would have more options to take them down nonviolently than, say, Fiend Warlords or Super Mutants.