[WIP] New Vegas Bounties Update

Guest deleted2159825

Guest deleted2159825

In all seriousness, I'm glad you're doing well (or better, at any rate), and pleasantly surprised at such a quick return.

Thanks, brother. Truly, it's hard to stay away for too long.

Regarding the beta, I should share some insights for anyone eager to uncover every iota of content. Straight from the design doc, here are the quests:

- "A Dying Breed"

Complete "Three Card Bounty", as well as the bounties on Lobo and Queenie. Scull will force-greet you and begin the quest.

- "Enemy of My Enemy"

This one is a bit trickier. The player must have completed "As a Judgment" and "Think of the Children!" in The Inheritance. Furthermore, Esther must have been left alive. Joaquin will force-greet you, initiating the quest.

- "The Old Ways"

After turning in the bounty for Bryan Claiborne (low-level bounty found outside the Saloon), a new poster for "Rolo" will appear on the bounty board. Activate it to begin the quest.

- "The Last Laugh"

I *believe* this poster appears after submitting the bounty on Emmitt Curry. It could well be Billy Jack Gibson. Regardless, just keep knocking out secondary bounties outside the saloon and this one will manifest. If you hate clowns as much as I do, you'll enjoy this one.

Other content:

- A new companion, "Guts", can be found southeast of Monte Carlo Suites. He can be recruited once the mod is loaded.

- Dungeon Evolution:

- Many of the old dungeons have been re-designed to allow for more long-term effects by the player's actions. To test this in full, undertake the bounty on Jake Burns, and after wiping out his backwards brethren, return to the dungeon after a week or so. You'll find it dramatically changed, and not necessarily in a manner you might presume. Additionally, you may see prospectors that have moved into abandoned hideouts. Trade with them, kill them, or ignore them as you see fit. They are merely an extension of the NPC's that Obsidian planned to include but were forced to cut due to system limitations. Some of the "evolutions" will be randomized, but most will take on a straightforward trajectory. This may be altered in future patches, as I've acquired a much better grasp on randomized content in the past few months.

- The "Radiant" bounty system becomes available after completing "As A Judgment". A nondescript bounty poster will appear above the terminal in the jail. Activate it to begin the quest. Note: Knocking a target unconscious will allow the player to "capture" him/her in a rudimentary fashion. It's ugly, but it works. There is a unique baton resting on the monitor that can be used to bludgeon irascible targets into submission. However, it's still quite a challenge, depending on the target (and the number of accomplices). This was greatly inspired by the capture system in RD:R.

That's all for now - if anything else comes up, I'll be sure to post it. Please reply with any bugs or hiccups you come across!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see the updates are finally up! They both worked fine for me! I did find a problem with NVBII though, The Bounty Hunter Baton comes up as a giant exclamation point. I checked the archive for the update and its texture files are there but its mesh files aren't there.

EDIT: Oh man, how horrible of me. I forgot to put that it's great to see you back as well someguy ._. Well it's great to see you back!

Edited by SteelHeart7171

Oooh, updates. I'd like to try em out and leave some feedback, despite my usual aversion to betas, but I seem to be unable to download any mods whatsoever on the New Vegas Nexus at the moment. That makes me a sad panda.

If this problem doesn't persist, I'll be sure to drop by and let you know how they go.

Good to see you back and well, someguy2000.

With the coming update to The Inheritance is the quest going to kick off around levels 10-15? I know we discussed it at one point and you had planned on starting the quest after finishing Bounties I. It'd keep The Inheritance stand-alone (since it's more neutral and not pro-NCR) and not explicitly require Bounties I to be completed first but would still have tie-ins to Bounties thanks to someguyseries.esm.

I haven't actually played New Vegas for several months now, been waiting on updates for various mods (not just yours :tongue:) plus had a back-log of other games to play. It Just might be time saddle-up and collect some bounties. Maybe now I'll finally play The Inheritance to :wink:

Guest deleted2159825

With the coming update to The Inheritance is the quest going to kick off around levels 10-15? I know we discussed it at one point and you had planned on starting the quest after finishing Bounties I. It'd keep The Inheritance stand-alone (since it's more neutral and not pro-NCR) and not explicitly require Bounties I to be completed first but would still have tie-ins to Bounties thanks to someguyseries.esm.

I haven't actually played New Vegas for several months now, been waiting on updates for various mods (not just yours :tongue:) plus had a back-log of other games to play. It Just might be time saddle-up and collect some bounties. Maybe now I'll finally play The Inheritance to :wink:

Thanks, brother. You're absolutely right about The Inheritance - the next version is scripted to start the quest at level 10-ish (I need to double-check tonight). It will remain a standalone project, though player choices can reverberate through other plugins thanks to the shared .esm. This is particularly evident in "Enemy of my Enemy" in NVBII.

Does anyone know where the Legion gold is? I can't figure out what the clue "Scavenge" means.

Compare that clue with all the locations in New Vegas. That will get you started on the right path.

However, if you're still stumped...

Look beneath the Scavenger Platform, in Lake Mead.

Edited by someguy2000

Guest deleted2159825

Great to see the updates are finally up! They both worked fine for me! I did find a problem with NVBII though, The Bounty Hunter Baton comes up as a giant exclamation point. I checked the archive for the update and its texture files are there but its mesh files aren't there.

EDIT: Oh man, how horrible of me. I forgot to put that it's great to see you back as well someguy ._. Well it's great to see you back!

Damn, I must have missed that when I packaged the mod. I'll correct it in the next release. You can use boxing gloves as a stop-gap solution. This is probably the first time I've thrown a real bone to non-lethal roleplayers.

Thanks, brother. You're absolutely right about The Inheritance - the next version is scripted to start the quest at level 10-ish (I need to double-check tonight). It will remain a standalone project, though player choices can reverberate through other plugins thanks to the shared .esm. This is particularly evident in "Enemy of my Enemy" in NVBII.

Does anyone know where the Legion gold is? I can't figure out what the clue "Scavenge" means.

Compare that clue with all the locations in New Vegas. That will get you started on the right path.

However, if you're still stumped...

Look beneath the Scavenger Platform, in Lake Mead.

....are you kidding me? That was the first place I looked and I didn't think to look under it....woooooooooow xD

Edited by KaydenMoon

Is there a special way you have to activate NVBII? I killed the Judge, and searched his bunker to see if there was something there that triggered it, and the NVBI quest got completed but there is no Boulder City Jail and no way to start the quest. Also, the quest marker appears on my compass but not on the map. I tried using the 'movetoqt' command and appeared in the jail but when I left the jail my game CTD. Finally, I waited about ten days to see if there was a messenger or a message that would appear, telling me to go to the jail, but still there is no map icon nor any jail.